Lower suspension arms - choice?!

willsbuggie

I've given up trying to find bushes for my existing lower suspension arms on the Freestyle, and now it's delaying the rebuild. So I'm going to bite the bullet and get some new arms  Some are adjustable, some are forged, some have negative camber. Which ones should I go for?
Thanks - Mark

willsbuggie

Hi Alan
Just front for now. The Huddesfield lot have some adjustable machined ones which I thik I've seen on Freestyles, and the Mini Spares ones are forged.
Mark

esdebe

The issue with the front of the freestyle is that it has too much negative camber, so what you want it arms that can make it less negative (they would be positive arms on a mini, if such thing existed)  So forged ones that are set to a negative value will just make your camber even more negative so avoid these.

I went with the adjustable route (see these), but with these you need to cut 1cm of each of the adjustable bits so that they can screw in further than they were designed to, this isn't a major issues as they have plenty of thread.

You will probably need to get adjustable tiearms too. so this kit may prove to be cheaper than getting them seperate.

willsbuggie

They are the ones I was hoping to use, so thanks for the confirmation. I already have the uprated tie bars and bushes, so I'll get the arms ordered.
Cheers - Mark

JAMIE B.

Mark, I used the forged adjustable lower arms from mini spares they are top quality excellent items

You have two options available bush or rose joint

Bushes definately being the low maintenance option

Jamie

Phaeton

Staff member
On both my buggies I've just run standard bottom arms. lots of chamber but so far no issues.

Alan...