Search results

1. Keyz

VIN Etching

Love it. Thanks for your help as always! Rick
  2. Keyz

Freestyle Revisited

Hi, thanks! Yeah, would have been great to get it on the road back then but life gets in the way sometimes. To be fair I have done some things better this time so it'll be more robust for it. Yes, I have the manual thanks. A lot to take in but trying to bear it in mind as I'm going through.
  3. Keyz

VIN Etching

I just mean do you know what the manufacturer name should be? Presumably the Freestyle is registered with the DVSA against a certain manufacturer? Edit: I have 4 options from what I'm reading: TH Engineering ABS Funbuggies Muddy Buggies ... or does it even matter which? Thanks! Rick
  4. Keyz

VIN Etching

Interesting, fair enough, thanks for this! On a related note, what should be on the manufacturer's plate? TH Engineering? I bought it from Dave Smart so should it be 'Funbuggies'? Thanks, Rick
  5. Keyz

Freestyle Revisited

So, after about 15 years (yes, I know! 😄) I decided to try and finally complete the project I bought after my Mini bit the dust. It was in a state from being sat for so long so I decided to strip it down and almost start again in August last year. I have been taking photos as I've been going...
  6. Keyz

VIN Etching

Yep, thanks for this. That's how I read the IVA manual too. The issue is more to do with registering the vehicle, assuming it passes the IVA. The letter I got reads: Thanks, Rick
  7. Keyz

VIN Etching

The VIN stamped into the chassis. Thanks, Rick
  8. Keyz

VIN Etching

Hi all, I've just had the VIN through for my Freestyle today and in the letter it states it needs to be attached by a dealer/garage and requires the letter be signed by them. I was kinda hoping I could do this myself. Do you guys have any experience of this and any idea who I would ask to get...
  9. Keyz

Recent IVA Experience

That's fair. Good call on the composite stuff, hadn't thought of that - better than the sheet alu I used before. Thanks, Rick
  10. Keyz

Recent IVA Experience

Thanks, great shout, I hadn't considered this. If you are looking to get rid of the ones you have I might be interested in buying these off you. I just need to make sure they will fit next to the fuel filler. Thanks, Rick
  11. Keyz

Recent IVA Experience

Hi Chris, Any chance you could upload a couple of photos of the engine side panels you mentioned? The ones I made aren't the best so will be looking for something better. Thanks again, Rick
  12. Keyz

IVA Application Form - Looking for Advice

Amazing, thanks chaps! I'll stick some photos up when I get going with it. Thanks again, Rick
  13. Keyz

Thanks both, and apologies for going over old ground. Got a great community here, hope to meet you at some shows once I'm on the road. Rick
  14. Keyz

Ah yes, of course - D'oh! As always, thanks for your help! Rick
  15. Keyz

Hi both, Thanks for the input, again, much appreciated. The sections I am referring to are on the IVA Application Form itself. I've read the guidance notes but still none the wiser on Section 8 - I have attached screenshots for reference. I realise I'm a long way from filling out any...
  16. Keyz

Hi all, Firstly, apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere but I had a search around and couldn't find the answers. Section 4w: - Do you guys know what the axle weights of a standard A-Series Freestyle are? Section 8.1: - How do I show evidence of compliance of the Fuel Tank? It...
  17. Keyz

Freestyle For Sale (maybe!)

Hi Alan, Thanks for your response. I've been thinking long and hard about it and I don't think I can bring myself to get rid at the moment. I'll let you know if this changes of course. I've just been looking through the IVA application form I do need some advice on that front so I'll jump...
  18. Keyz

Freestyle For Sale (maybe!)

Hi all, I've recently got my Freestyle back in a position where I can work on it. Long story short it has spend the last couple of years under a tarp on my parent's drive due to a change in my circumstances. Sadly, because of our beautiful English weather, it will basically needs stripping...
  19. Keyz

Recent IVA Experience

Thanks, but I have the tank and engine covers, I had started to take it apart already. Thanks again for the info. Rick
  20. Keyz

Recent IVA Experience

Hi Chris, Perfect, thanks for this, much appreciated. Looks like a smart machine! I've attached a couple of photos of mine but unfortunately it's in a pretty bad way at the moment. Currently assessing whether I have the time to strip it down and rebuild it. Thanks again, Rick