Freestyle For Sale (maybe!)

Keyz

Hi all,

I've recently got my Freestyle back in a position where I can work on it.
Long story short it has spend the last couple of years under a tarp on my parent's drive due to a change in my circumstances.

Sadly, because of our beautiful English weather, it will basically needs stripping down and starting again. It is structurally sound but will need a dam good clean and some of the now rusty parts replaced. The engine (998cc single carb) and gearbox are still good (it has done around 80k miles from memory) but some of the ancillaries need looking at/replacing - the alternator is seized for example and the distributor has seen better days.

Nothing show stopping is wrong but the thought of starting again is soul destroying so I'm considering my options.

It has all the engine covers, wheel arches etc. from the original SVA kit as well as a set of white Minilites which I would probably look to sell with it - again, these probably need refurbing.

The doner car was scrapped so it isn't registered at all.

I haven't decided to sell yet, I'm just testing the water to see if there is any interest and what you guys think it might be worth.
I'll put some more photos up if there is interest and I don't decide to keep it!

Again, any info gratefully received - I really do appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Rick

Attachments

• PXL_20230709_100849723.jpg
    PXL_20230709_100849723.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20230709_100858511.jpg
    PXL_20230709_100858511.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 7

Phaeton

Staff member
Hi Rick,

Throw a number at me, I've just finished a MEV Exocet which will be sold very shortly, I sometimes regret selling my Freestyle

Alan.

Keyz

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your response.

I've been thinking long and hard about it and I don't think I can bring myself to get rid at the moment.
I'll let you know if this changes of course.

I've just been looking through the IVA application form I do need some advice on that front so I'll jump over to that thread.

Thanks again,
Rick