2008 Road Trips

Asbo

cheers matt,looks like there'll be at least 3 of us there then?(im votin on behalf of davefunboy too)lol

MattBlack

I guess we need to grab the boll by the bullocks then and get something firm booked in.

I know we've been here before but there seems to be a decent interest in this for a good few of us..so..

Can i start the bidding with a start date of say Thursday 29th May.. and trying to get curborough on the monday morning.

It's a totally random choice of weekend just to get the ball rolling... if we can settle on a date that suits us all then we can start booking things.

I don't mind doing the leg work if we're all committed to making it happen.

Phaeton

Staff member
So that would be my target to have a moving buggy by then would it, seems feasible, go for it

Add name to List

MattBlack
Phaeton (Alan)

Alan...

MattBlack

Alan

If by any misfortune you're not mobile by then, you can take a seat in Dibble if you need.

Or the roof box... whatever!

Steve

I'd also be interested in that, just need to check my dates.

Danny
If you have any more details on the IMM run, let me know. Could be interested in that one aswell.

MattBlack

Found a few campsites around shrewsbury all seem much of a muchness. Gonna keep looking till summert grabs me.

I've got my man looking at availability of the track. We're aiming for monday 2nd June which may be okay as there is no event that weekend.

The track costs £225 for a half day.. 9 til 1

£450 for a full day.

It does get quite booked up... it's currently full till the end of april. As such we do need to commit one way or the other quite soon.

I've also asked him to find out which mondays are available thru June, July and Aug, if it turns out that the 2nd June is a no go.

Appaerently there is another circuit somewhere in South Wales that hires out by the day and is a bit cheeper.. gonna see if i can find out where.

Could any intersted Buggies let me know if they're up for it ASAP.

MattBlack

Rightho...

It seems that curborough is reserved for club members every monday and friday.. as such the agenda would have to be:-

FRI / SAT / SUN / MON..... Get muddy in Wales
TUES.............................. Get upside down at Curborough

Now... given that other posts seem to indicate the following:-

Last weekend in May is Thistle run in Scortlend... and Wullie is planning to be there to support the buggy brigade.

Esdebe is having offsping any time soon... and Simon is planning to be there to support his wife.

FlashPlasterers are running out of work.. and Danny is planning to support his income

Jerry is getting married on 24th May... and Dave is planning to be there to support the bar.

So it's safe to assume that 30th May to 3rd June is a no go. I'll chip in with 26th june to 1st july, but as always, am open to alternatives.

I also need to to stick a huge

SLACKER

up my good friend FPTFBBOOWT cos he ain't gonna have the K-MONSTER ready by June 09 at this rate.... :x

nw208

As Shrewsbury is only about an hour from me, I will definately be up for this.

Buggy being completed that is!!

esdebe

Yes, from what I've heard from Alan, the K-Monster isn't getting as much attention as it should, He says its because of the hours he is working but you are right he is just a

SLACKER

why can't he work on it in the wee hours of the morning.

funbuggydave

Ah Matt,
It' so good to see you back active on the forum :D
Look forward to reading all your random posts and witticisms :lol:
Dave

Asbo

"funbuggydave"":jggtvvk2 said:
Ah Matt,
It' so good to see you back active on the forum :D
Look forward to reading all your random posts and witticisms :lol:
Dave

ditto matey.lol. :p

Phaeton

Staff member
"MattBlack"":1qmtoybq said:
Can i start the bidding with a start date of say Thursday 29th May.. and trying to get curborough on the monday morning.

Right there seems to be a lot of talk but no movement, I vote we go for this date as well.

Alan...

MattBlack

Alan

You'll see from the later posts that the end of May / early June is pretty much a no go on a few fronts.

Also Curborough is a no go on Mondays and Fridays.

My later suggestion was the 26th June til 1st July which Richard G has said he'd be up for and a few others look interested.

I would need more committment to book Curborough to spread the cost, but the longer i wait the less chance we have of getting it.

At the risk of being a bore ... i agree .. we're all talk and no underpants at the min.

Come on .... add names and suggested dates if the 26th - 1st is no good

Matt B
FPTFBBOOWT
Richard G

Asbo

im waiting on my boss gettin back to me re a perm shift plan,but i'd go for those dates and book as a holiday,so count me in.

Danny

Administrator
Hello Chaps,,

I am out of work at the min so buggy build is having some things not done... to try and keep costs down. :( :( :( :( :(

As far as dates my diary is in the van I will check in the morning.

Cheers

Danny

esdebe

If you are out of work you have no excuse not to be working on your build, ok so you can'y afford to replace things, but you can still put it back together and get it back on the road.

Asbo

"esdebe"":2reyni43 said:
If you are out of work you have no excuse not to be working on your build, ok so you can'y afford to replace things, but you can still put it back together and get it back on the road.

we'll just file danny as a slacker then.lol. :lol:

Danny

Administrator
I didnt say i wasnt working on the buggy just saying that I am not doing some things ie new wiring loom new wheels ect

Danny