4 wheel tracking

wally1

ive just got round to putting on new adjustable front bottom arms and booked it in to be 4 wheel tracked but the garage that is going to do it want to no do they do it with weights in the bug or not . they dont know ! There is nothing in the tec details either only camber toe in/out etc. so if anyone whos had it done could let me no ,that would be great
wal :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Wow they actually sound like they know what they are doing, that's unusual. I don't know the answer butI have never had it done on any car with weight inside, but I suppose it might be advantageous for a race car.

Alan...

wally1

:( well it seems the garage that seems to know what they are doing cant do it , they had it half a day and gave up saying with lots of swearing its s**t so it looks like ive got to get out the axle stands and string and do it myself. the only good thing to come out of it is he greased all my nipples up and checked all the suspension over and told me i have a siezed rear bottom ball joint wal

Phaeton

Staff member
What couldn't they do??

The front should be straight forward, the back, you have to just compromise if you have the standard arms, measure it, knock out the ball joint turn & measure again if it's close enough, if not then pull the bolt from the other end which will give you 1/2 turn, but that's a bit of a pain. Hence why I made up some fully adjustable arms with a LH/RH thread.

Alan...

wally1

not sure i can say any more than what i said last time Alan although he did say apart from the ball joint at the back the back end was all good it was the front he swore about saying every time he made an ajustment one sid eit threw three other points out each time!! Talking to a couple of other guys at work im now of the opinion he did not want to do the job as it might need a bit of brain and not earn him any profit :-\ So sod the world im now intent on doing it myself so will be using your pics of how to do it in near future
cheers wal :)