Adapted freestyle buggy on ebay

HolyCount

Kept an eye on it too ---- maybe people are either cash-strapped at the mo ( Christmas is coming!) or wary of the frame mods ( unknown quantity ).

Angel Boy

It was the frame mods for me. They are probably fine, but I'm only a short ar*e to start with so not sure what I would do with the additional space. I would have needed to see it to be confident and as it is over 400 miles for me, bit of a trek. Price was nice though.

Andy

Mini Mad Max

The modifications on that buggy were a bit exsessive and if you are not too tall then you wont need a modified space frame. Im building my buggy to accomodate someone who's 6ft 6inches. All i have done is made it taller, with thin seats you will have all the legroom you need. Have a look at some pictures of my modifications if you want:http://www.photobucket.com/maxs_buggy
You should be fine with a normal spaceframe if you say that you are short, how tall are you?
Hope this helps
Max

Angel Boy

I'm 5'7 on a good day :D I see what you have done, just lifted the the whole of the role cage by about 100mm, looks good, must have been a fair amount of work to get the tube bent?

Andy

Mini Mad Max

It was really easy, i loaded the buggy up onto a trailor and took it to the contractors, i strongly advise this if you're like me and would make a hash of it if you did it DIY :lol: 9 hours work and plus materials cost £290. Not bad! You should be able to fit in a normal sized buggy fine!
So keep an eye out on ebay for those occaisional rare CHEAP buggies!
Max

Phaeton

Staff member
It's back, Adapted Buggy this time £500 with no reserve, got to be worth it to somebody. If I didn't have this one I've got I'd have it.

Alan....

Mini Mad Max

ooooh Ei! andy loook! grab it its a bargain! it may be far away from you but i got my buggy from worthing near brighton and i live in cumbria! if its a bargain you are still better off at the end of the day even after spending a couple of hundred quid fuel at the max!

Angel Boy

Emailed the seller about the mods etc and got this reply

hi it has been extended just in front off the gear stick so the gear stick shaft dose not get any longer it has been extended with the same 25by25 box it was made with i do not no wot parts was done up i did not do that bit all runs a drives very well it looks like new disk and pads just needs a new drive shaft boot the engine is all cleaned up and painted it has vauxhall 13 inc rims on the back and mini 12 on the frount i used it in the mud it just needsthe gear stick rod putting on prop like the buil manul show you how the fuel tank is a fire extingher put just in frount off the back wheel just behing the driver

What do you guys think?

Andy

Phaeton

Staff member
As I've already said if I didn't have 2 half built then I would definitely go for it myself. Must admit the advantage I have is it's likely to be only an hour away from me & I would go look first. Normally I would offer for you but off on holiday Saturday so no time, but if it doesn't sell or you can come to some agreement with him I'll gladly go over on my return. Don't see a problem with the extension as long as the welding is good, Dave's is/was always good, the forstlye was lengthened more than this one has been. We have discussed this at length at the shows how to extend a buggy as for anyone over 5'10" it is a little on the comfy side. It's an early one as it has the floor mounted brake/clutch which could be changed if you want to. I know it's a long way from you, but it is always going to be, it's also going to cost to get it to you, I figure a 900 mile round trip unless you buy an on the road, fly down & drive it back. If I can help in anyway just get in touch my mobile number is flosting round the forum somewhere.

Alan...

HolyCount

TBH -- it's worth £500 just for the extras really -- comes with a free frame -- again, if I wasn't in the middle of trying to build two I would have been in the pot too. BTW the fourstyle is, sadly, no more ---- been reduced to a two seater again.

If I don't speak before, Alan, have a great time on hols !!

Angel Boy

Guilty :oops:

Hopefully will be with me by the weekend. It gets me a 1275 engine which I don't currently have lights, grp bits and some spares so for the £500+plus postage (which is costing me a fair amount). I figured if anything it is worth it for these bits. If the chasis is not great then I'll bin it and get a new one. I'll use it to practice some welding on :D

Would have loved to have a got a sparkly new one from Dave, but don't have the cash at the mo and I have a itch that needs scratching so we'll see how we get on. I'll be getting some of the grp bits in the not to distant anyway as I have a vision.

Will post some pic's when I get the chance.

Andy

Phaeton

Staff member
As I've already said a few times, I reckon you have a bargain, IF you do decide not to use the frame, please don't practise welding or cut it up, let me know & depending on space in the car park (read front garden) I may be interested.

Alan...

Angel Boy

"Phaeton"":27zpvufp said:
As I've already said a few times, I reckon you have a bargain, IF you do decide not to use the frame, please don't practise welding or cut it up, let me know & depending on space in the car park (read front garden) I may be interested.

Alan...

LOL :lol: ok will do.

it's in my garage now so I'll try and get some pictures of the mods. Looks like it has been grasstracking recently. Plenty of rust to deal with.

Andy