Air Compressors??

Angel Boy

If I was in the market for an air compressor to do some spraying and other stuff, what are the type of things I should be looking for?  Is capacity king or ius their a sensible compromise?

I know very little so would appreciate your views and experiences?

Ta v much,
Andy

Coppertop

Hi there,

I had the same issues and went to Machine Mart who were very helpful. They may be worth a ring, either the branch, not sure where you are, or sales - 08448801250. It depends on what you want to do but it would seem the greater the horsepower of the motor and air displacement the better. For example to use one for grit blasting I was advised to go for one with at least a 2.5hp motor - something to do with the rate at which the tank can kept filled with air. The more air a job uses the quicker the tank needs to fill up to keep pressure and so you don't have to wait as long.
Hope this was of some use.

Cheers,

Steve.

Shaggy

Hey Andy,

I painted a big old ldv van a while back, I had a little 50ltr one on loan and it was out of air after one pass down the van, so I hired a bigger one, the hire company screwed up and sent me a faulty one so I ended up with a 200ltr/15cfm monster and that was well over spec, I would say get the best you can, flow rate is king but a big tank helps!

;D

Mini Mad Max

I have a sealey 2hp compressor, can't remember litres, think its 150. That does nearly 8cfm, and that was quite a bargain, as it was electric and not dodgey petrol.
I recommened sealey. :D
Max