Alternator

robcoles

If I put a wire to top connection spade on block & tap it on the phase terminal with buggy running the alternator kicks in and pushes out 14v.

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":jpdecvlt said:
Danny":jpdecvlt said:
(i know sod all about electrics)
That's a given, did you look at the diagrams or do they just look like spaghetti to you

To be honest it just bores me... struggle to stay awake to think about it... if I put my mind to it I can understand but I never get that far as I tend to nod off

Phaeton

Staff member
robcoles":1qgg17o5 said:
Can I fit a tickle light to alternator wiring to get it going?
If so how ?
20170607_102704.jpg

Sorry about the orientation but Photobucket is being a dick at the moment, so full of adverts you can't get anything to work, I need to find another free hosting service.

Edit:- It really ought to have a fuse in there are well, either just before or after the switch, 5A will be fine

robcoles

Phaeton":2yt3033g said:
robcoles":2yt3033g said:
Can I fit a tickle light to alternator wiring to get it going?
If so how ?
20170607_102704.jpg

Sorry about the orientation but Photobucket is being a dick at the moment, so full of adverts you can't get anything to work, I need to find another free hosting service.

Edit:- It really ought to have a fuse in there are well, either just before or after the switch, 5A will be fine

Thanks phaeton ........ even I can follow that :)

robcoles

Spent a couple of hours in garage today, I'm pleased to say the alternator is now kicking out 14.2 v. Thanks again phaeton , your knowledge was what allowed me to sort this without calling an auto electrician

Phaeton

Staff member
robcoles":2tk2hmsw said:
Spent a couple of hours in garage today, I'm pleased to say the alternator is now kicking out 14.2 v. Thanks again phaeton , your knowledge was what allowed me to sort this without calling an auto electrician
Invoice is in the post

Danny

Administrator
robcoles":cq5cqheq said:

thats good to hear :D