Another Freestyle on EBAY

Radar

cut and paste adverts like this always ring alarm bells and low low price looks like a scam to me or a dumb poster who advertised it !! either way caution is recommended on this one boys

Radar

Danny

Administrator
Hmmmm I think this is a somerset buggy.... doesn't sound right though...

Don't worry about distance cars can be picked up and dropped off easily anywhere :)

Lilspeed

I saw this one, or one in the same colours (unlikely!), at Castle Combe Mini Day with a 'big bum' moulding and a For Sale sign on it a few years ago. Didn't have a (1400?? :-\ ) turbo lump in it then, but was up for £1600 if I remember correctly.
I wouldn't be too worried about the 'bike' references in the listing - looking at sellers other items it seems they trade in trials bikes so they probably just used their standard format.
However - considering what a Metro Turbo motor alone will fetch these days I do think the asking price is suspiciously low! Looks like it may have had a hard life recently to me?

Depends what you want from a buggy I suppose. Could be a bargain.

robcoles

I've just spoken to the fella that's placed the add , he owns a trials bike shop in Cornwall.
I paid a deposit & hoping to collect next week :)
No doubt I will be asking you guys for a lot of help & advice when I get into tidying it up.

robcoles

It's going to be a bit of a treck from Cardiff to Cornwall to collect.
Would anyone no if it's legal to tow the buggy on an A frame or do I need to hire a trailer?

250buggys

I wouldn't want to take an a-frame on a motorway, best use a car trailer

Good luck with the buggy, see if you can spot one for me now- a bit closer to home (Essex). I know you have been after a Freestyle as long as I have...

robcoles

250buggys":15sija13 said:
I wouldn't want to take an a-frame on a motorway, best use a car trailer

Good luck with the buggy, see if you can spot one for me now- a bit closer to home (Essex). I know you have been after a Freestyle as long as I have...

It's over 200 miles each way for me to collect but it's just a days driving :)
My last freestyle I bought from Stoke on Trent (300 miles) & I brought it back on an a frame.
Not sure if it's legal to do so though

Phaeton

Staff member
I used to tow Bumble on an A-frame both before he was road legal & after, but it was a custom made one which bolted to the front, lent it somebody & it was never returned!!!!!!! Advantage is you can go down quicker & fuel economy would be better on that part of the journey. I think as long as your rear lights work, you have your number plate on the back & don't do anything to draw attention to yourself you will be fine. I lost confidence with them after I was towing my brother in laws Laguna back with my Megane & it came loose, wasn't a pleasant minute or so until I managed to stop, but I think that was more to do with the high height of the Magane towball & the low of the Laguna. But the buggy is only 400 kilos not 2000.

Well done BTW, Stoneleigh?

robcoles

I've put the details into delivery quote compare & I'm waiting on prices :)

If buggy is mechanically sound I will be taking it to stoneleigh if not I will be driving my t4 there (as long as I can get time off work)

robcoles

Transportation would cost £255 from Cornwall to Cardiff.
I've priced hire of a car trailer at £40 + vat so it's going to be a road trip next Tuesday :)

250buggys

At least that way you get to take it for a test drive before you hand over the rest of the cash plus you can look over his spares.

I wonder how much power that turbo engine is pushing out? Let us know

robcoles

Today is the big day ........ I will be leaving home around 9:30am to do the 420 mile round trip.
I've just been looking at the pics on the eBay advert & noticed the front arches and nose cone look different to other freestyles, is there anywhere I can buy replacements for these ?

robcoles

Today is the big day ........ I will be leaving home around 9:30am to do the 420 mile round trip.
I've just been looking at the pics on the eBay advert & noticed the front arches and nose cone look different to other freestyles, is there anywhere I can buy replacements for these ?