Bolting tie rod rose joint to subframe

wheelnutter

Hi All,
Just looking at the photo of where Alan's tie rod rose joints bolt to the subframe. Is the part that's attached to the subframe available to buy or do you make it up yourself?
Hugh

Phaeton

Staff member
Sorry Hugh no longer make them due to lack of demand, it's the postage cost of getting the items from the supplier which if you're only making 1 set makes them expensive, £8 for their postage, when making 10 sets isn't bad. There was a HOWTO on how to make them, but can't seem to find it. Danny, is it on the old forum & is it still searchable?

But basically you need

Screw the set screw all the way into the RH insert the weld the head to the insert. Then at each end of the tubes drill 4x holes (6mm) insert the insert with the bolt into the tube, weld all the way round round the end & plug weld the 4 holes. Inset the LH insert in the other end & weld up the same way, then file & make nice.

Hope that all makes sense. If you want to buy all the bits & ship them to me I don;t mind welding them up, or if several people want them I can make some sets up, but realistically it has to be 5 sets to make it worth while.

Just found a few pictures

thumb.php

thumb.php

thumb.php

thumb.php

thumb.php

thumb.php

Alan...

esdebe

If you were refering to the metal bracket that holds the rose joint end, then these are no longer made either.  I do however have a spare pair of them (used) after switching the setup for something a little more ridgid......  You would however need some 1/2" bolts for it, and I'm not sure how long they would need to be.

Simon

wheelnutter

Thanks Alan for all the info. I can weld those up myself. Your photos are exactly what I needed to make the tie rods. I have all the parts and your post discription is first class.
Simon I would be interested in the brackets. How can I pay you for them? Send me a pm and we can sort it out.
Many thanks.
Hugh

Phaeton

Staff member
Simon,

Assuming you will no longer have the brackets, won't that mean you also have a spare pair of tie-rods?

Alan...