Brake and clutch lugs...

collie

Here's two pics of my Brake and Clutch Pedals.
Can somebody tell me if those lugs are welded on at the right angle, or exactly what angle to weld them on at please?
I did a test fit with my clutch and brake master cylinders and the pedals were up way higher than my accelerator pedal.
DSC00463.jpg
DSC00464.jpg

I'm so frustrated today!  :mad:

Phaeton

Staff member
Seem to remember Mary's pedals weren't level so put a 25mm box behind the accelerator pedel to bring them in line.

Not very good photos but:-

Alan...

collie

It's not the accelerator pedal that's the problem!  :D
I did same as you Alan and mount it on some 25mm box section.
It's how the brake and clutch sit in the neutral position (I should have taken a photo!), but the pedals are high up in the air and don't sit in a comfy position, I can barely touch them with my toes!

esdebe

It sounds like the pushrods on the MCs are either too long or the tabs need to be set back a bit.  I changed the pushrod on my brake MC for one I had lying around that was a bit shorter..  The Clutch one I cut to the right length and put a thread on it the bought a clevis  that screws onto the thread.

So you have 3 options.  1) cut and move the lugs further back, 2) shorten the push rods and get some sort of screw on clevis 3) put a spacer between the MC and the pedal box to move it further out.

If you do 1) and the push rods are already too long you may have issues with the MC failing early as the pushrod will be forced in at the wrong angle.

Simon

collie

Hi Simon,
Funny you should say what you did because I already shortened the pushrod for the clutch.
So both are same length (virtually) I don't want to shorten either any more, I think they may fowl if they're any shorter. :-[
Tried the spacer route too! When you depress the pedals, the pushrod fouls!  :-\
I think I'll stick with my original though and as you say as option 1, I think the lugs are welded on incorrectly. :mad: