Buggies and oap’s

Teifion57

Just bought Shaun’s freestyle and i am picking it up today,is 61 a bit late in life to be doing this?excited all the same,should have joined the forum earlier and grabbed it before auction,I wish Shaun well with his move of propertt

Phaeton

Staff member
Bloody Hell I've lost my title of Granddad of the club, welcome aboard, will we see you at Stoneleigh in 2 weeks with or without the buggy you'll be most welcome

250buggys

Welcome to the forum.

That was a bargain, I was expecting it to go for more than that. The original kit was around £1500 if I remember rightly without any donor parts or SVA testing and a 1275, nice work.

You should hopefully have some great fun this summer driving round in that.

Hope it passes it's MOT without much work. Keep us updated with all your mods and tinkering.

Teifion57

Got it home petrol tank shot,2hrs cleaning points plugs fuel lines etc goes like a dream, hope to mot today if I can sort a tank,hoping to go to stoneleigh

Phaeton

Staff member
Teifion57":1odavtsn said:
Got it home petrol tank shot,2hrs cleaning points plugs fuel lines etc goes like a dream, hope to mot today if I can sort a tank,
Well done, where are you based?
Teifion57":1odavtsn said:
hoping to go to stoneleigh
We're on pitch 49, somebody will be there from around 2-3pm Saturday is the usual thing, as everybody comes from different parts of the country we've tried in the past to arrange a timed meeting which never seemed to work, so we all now just turn up when we can which seems then seems to be within 45 minutes of each other, although my buggy has not turned a wheel yet this year.

250buggys":1odavtsn said:
Welcome to the forum. That was a bargain, I was expecting it to go for more than that. The original kit was around £1500 if I remember rightly without any donor parts or SVA testing and a 1275, nice work.
That may have been the very basic kit, I think my first kit was £2300 in 2006???? (Danny help me out with the date) the current one was £1250 unfinished & unregistered in 2008 so a real bargain I think.

Teifion57

Got it booked in today for mot at 2,fit tank back on and get the horn workin,went out yesterday for a blast so cold for a balls fella like me so bought a helmet

Teifion57

Passed mot with no advisories,went for 40 mile driver around Cardiff and on motorway,then my daughter and granddaughter went out and came back after an hour with the biggest smiles on their faces !

Danny

Administrator
Teifion57":35nbp7sy said:
So far so good,but my wife thinks stonleigh to far on my own,will just have to get away before she wakes up

leave early on saturday... if it goes wrong you have time to go home jump in another car and still make the show :D

Teifion57

Will look forward to meeting you on Sunday,will be coming in my daily ride bacause the wife and dog want to spend my birthday with me.
At the moment I use the buggy more than the Honda.