cable info.

Asbo

anyone know where to get an accelerator cable for a buggy? might also need a speedo cable(havent checked yet why its not working),unsure if either one is available 'standard' at those lengths?

Phaeton

Staff member
For the accelerator I used 2 tandem pushbike cables, as to speedo i think Simon had one made up bu Speedycables but not very cheap.

Alan...

wurzell

Used to Classic Trial a Singer Chamois Sport ( the rarest type Imp) so I have always used Hillman/Sunbeam Imp SPORT cables on my Class 8 Freestyle, their easily long enough, fairly heavy duty, so they last, and readily available....Run them down the top rail, under the pipe/rail/finisher thingy...
Think the last one I had was about £15.00, never had to fit a second since...... Get mine from Malcolm Anderson, THE Imp man, luckily a mile from where I live! He's friendly, does rapid mail order, phone him on 01823 350360, say Jon Way recommended him.....

funbuggydave

For the accelerator cable I use the cheapest boot or fuel filler release cable I can get, as long as it is long enough, usually maestro/montego or rover 200 will do the job, sometimes as cheap as £8 depending on what specials the dealers have on. Might even get one from a scrappy
For the speedo cable, you may be able to get speedy cables to do you just an inner , whole cable is about £50+VAT and delivery
If I remember correctly the one in Jerry's snapped and he welded it back together, pull the inner out and it has probably snapped at the same place again, or close by, cheapest optiob is to weld and grind
Dave

esdebe

Yes, the speedy cable option isn't a cheep one.... However I've moved over to the Acewell and a elctronic gearbox sender, although the inline cable sender is the easiest, and cheepest option if you want a steady and reliable readout....

Simon

Asbo

brilliant.....thanks lads.
never gave the boot release a thought.....well seen the boss is a scot lolol.

anyway,im thinkin of doin a buggy for the elderly/infirm.....

naaaa...never mind....too many dj's lol.

anyone got a mobility buggy yet? mines ordered,for my elderberry mum, dave says we can have a mobility buggy,1430cc/turbo/3 seater?/wheel chair ramp/drag bars,oxygen maks/hydraulic pissed on etc.........

hang on....matron says i gotty get off the pc....nite lads.lol. :shock: :shock: 8) :lol: