Cant get a brake pedal

Danny

Administrator
Ok so it has come to the stage of bleeding the brakes after the 2nd engine.

We have got an eezi bleed (theanks simon) and we have pumped about 5 liters of fluid through and we still cant get a pedal.

I have changed the rear cylinders and the master cylinder there appears to be no leaks.... what the hell can I do??

I need to get the thing MOT'd soon as the summer is rapidly dissapearing.

Any ideas??? suggestions?? simon what do you think??? My brother in law has been round my yard for weeks working on it and I think I is taking P1ss!!

I am stumped!!

Cheers

Danny

PS the new engine seems to be perfekt!!

Phaeton

Staff member
Had a text from Danny to say he couldn't get it hard & Simon was coming round last night to have a play, he was getting embarrassed having to ask his brother in law all the time. Not sure what happened but got another text today to say it's passed so Simon's playing must have got it hard for him.

Alan....

esdebe

I only got it to a "semi" hardness, but it was enougth for him to get to the doctor (MOT centre) to have some one else firm it up the rest of the way.

Simon

Danny

Administrator
Hello,

Right, I am still not happy. I brake and the front drivers side caliper locks and pulls to the right... the pedal is stil soft.

I am baffled and tired of having brake fluid on me paws

Danny

Danny

Administrator
You see thats what I thought been bleeding like a war casualty.

Will see what happeneds tomorrow

Danny

esdebe

It could still be air in the MC... You could undo the bolts that hold it to the pedal box, then rotate it / lift it to make the top outlet the highest point and bleed again... This would ensure that there is no air pocket in the MC which can be the only place one could still be after using the preasurised bleeding thingy.

I'd come and give you a hand but the misses has too may jobs for me to do... If it is drivable (!!SAFE!!) then you could pop round with it, the bleeading thing, and some brake fluid and she can't say no and turn you away then.......

Simon

funbuggydave

Air in the MC wouldn't give uneven front braking, it would give crap braking on both wheels.
Have you made sure the calipers are on the right way up? Nipples at the top, otherwise you can bleed for ever and not get rid of the air.
You will always get some imbalance in the front brakes with only 1 person in the car, try it with a passenger and see if it's the same.
Dave