Chequer plate wanted

Mini Mad Max

Does anyone know where to get sheets of alluminium chequer plate from, for cheap and quite alot of it. ;D
Just stocking up to replace old galvanised panels and make a bracket/firewall/bulkhead for my petrol tank, and a center tunnel to hide all the gear linkage etc.
Thanks,
Max

biddleboy

hi max i can get 8foot by 4 foot sheets up here for 50 quid but its trying to get them down to you any ideas 5 bar chequer or 3 bar chequer 2.5m thick the 3 bar chequer is 1.5 which is what Ive got going to put that inside and on the sides 

Mini Mad Max

Thanks guys,
I will check what thickness and number of bar chequer i've got out in the garage, because i have the old deluxe kit which has some galvanised and some chequer plate.
Max

jason_l

I have the full cheque plate upgrade on mine, floors, front, bulkhead, sides etc that will be up for sale at the end of this year, will be changing it all! Proper welded steel floor for extra rigidity, carbon sides,front nose etc  ;D

i take it that you will probably need it before then though???  ???

Jason :D

HolyCount

jason_l":phc18rta said:
I have the full cheque plate upgrade on mine, floors, front, bulkhead, sides etc that will be up for sale at the end of this year, will be changing it all! Proper welded steel floor for extra rigidity, carbon sides,front nose etc  ;D

i take it that you will probably need it before then though???  ???

Jason :D

I will be up for that Jason --- have plain sheet at the mo ---- will be testing asap -- probably not before the demise of sva though  :'(  Then will be stripping it back right down, powdercoating the frame and putting her back together without thought for tests !!!! So end of the year would work out !!  LMK

Mini Mad Max

No worries jason, by the sounds of things HolyCount (sorry can't remember name) would like it so i will be fine.
biddleboy":1k5aih3h said:
hi max i can get 8foot by 4 foot sheets up here for 50 quid but its trying to get them down to you any ideas 5 bar chequer or 3 bar chequer 2.5m thick the 3 bar chequer is 1.5 which is what Ive got going to put that inside and on the sides 
Hey andy, do you think perhaps that there is anyway of getting some 5bar chequer plate to me? :D Do you have a price per sheet?
Thanks, i will measure up and see how much i need ;D f you can't get it to me, no worries, just give me the guy and i will work magic lol.
Thankyou all,
Max

biddleboy

hi max whos andy  ;D i will c if i can get it posted but the sheets are 8foot by 4foot the guy works for tescos fitting the delivery vans with the stuff so he does it for me at 50 quid per sheet it would be better if we can get some templates made up and get it cut then it would save a lot of trouble getting a big sheet posted any ideas

biddleboy

hay max idea ::) as you are a wiz kid with dimensions how about some c a d drawings or somthink like that then i can take them down to my mate and he will put them on the lazer and cut it spot on

Mini Mad Max

GOD DAMMIT, i thought it was angel boy, i am not on the ball today. Sorry!
As for the wizz kid bit. I will measure up and get on pro-desktop at the weekend. Haven't used it in two years so will be rusty lol, at least i'm not working in 3d plains. I have the old galvanised panels as a template so it shouldn't be too hard apart from i want to make a bracket to hold your wonderful fuel tank in place. I have accer to a bending and chopping machine at school so don't worry about bent panels. Would you like a set?
I only need the side panels and lower bulkhead and floors, and probs a sheet to play with lol. But i can measure up a whole set if you would like.
Thanks very much! ;D
Max

Mini Mad Max

I have discussed this with father and decided we will see how cheap chequer plate is near by and then i will just use a jigsaw and an angry grinder and schools bending machine for it all. If its cheaper to do that i will, otherwise i can still do you a cad package for you if you want to get a load done for yourself and others.
Max

HolyCount

Mini Mad Max":hxjaus7z said:
No worries jason, by the sounds of things HolyCount (sorry can't remember name) would like it so i will be fine.

You still have first dibs, if needed, Max ( it's Kev BTW  :) )

Mini Mad Max

thanks but no thanks kev lol. I want to be able to make my own bits so i can make me different bits that i want. You can have jason's panels :D
Thanks anyway,
Max

Angel Boy

Mini Mad Max":3n7mnix7 said:
GOD DAMMIT, i thought it was angel boy, i am not on the ball today. Sorry!

As if by magic Angel Boy appeared.  :D

I am in the market for alloy plate/sheet/chequer as I've cut my fixed floor out so I'm after the full floor.  I have some alloy sheet for the sides etc, just need the flooring  :)

Andy

jason_l

HolyCount":hs3ishoz said:
Mini Mad Max":hs3ishoz said:

You still have first dibs, if needed, Max ( it's Kev BTW  :) )

Looks like you have first dibs then  :D Like i said it won't be till towards the end of the year when the new engine goes in! (speaking to mechanic on saturday, can't wait  ;D ;D ;D)

Jason :p

biddleboy

Mini Mad Max":2gb8277a said:
I have discussed this with father and decided we will see how cheap chequer plate is near by and then i will just use a jigsaw and an angry grinder and schools bending machine for it all. If its cheaper to do that i will, otherwise i can still do you a cad package for you if you want to get a load done for yourself and others.
Max
yes if you can max that would be great ime looking at the sides floor back bulkhead and nose cone if u canor any think else ive missed then sort me a price thanks steve

Mini Mad Max

How abouts an engine cover ;D +plus added costs lol. No worries about me chargin you, unless you would swap some of your fine work lol. Have you done anything more on the fibreglass? Infact i will call you later and see what we can do.
Anyhow,
i would kindly do the CAD for free, i find it fun so no worries.
Max