Christmas Bumpers

Phaeton

Staff member
Well, in between the so called festivities (you may well have guesses I hate Christmas) I have been allowed to play, all was going well till I ran out of steel & then to make matters worse I appear to have killed my welder. But I'm happy with the results so far, can't get end caps till the new year.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Patience Grasshopper Patience you will have to understand the ways of the DHL, you have much to learn, like why is nobody open until 5th January, yet I still have to work.

Alan...

jason_l

Tell me about it, my whole family is off till next monday yet here i am at work! I guess i shouldn't complain though, at least i have a secure job  ::)

Im in no rush for the bumpers Alan we still have plenty to get on with............

Hmmmmm, i wonder if there is a way of having the indicators built into the end caps and replce the indicators on the arch's with driving lamps?????  ???

Phaeton

Staff member
jason_l":1yrxtaf5 said:
Hmmmmm, i wonder if there is a way of having the indicators built into the end caps and replce the indicators on the arch's with driving lamps?????  ???
Not sure how you could put them on the end as they have to be viewable from the front, however they do offer a place to attach a bracket to so you could position one between nose & wheel, like they do on 7's

Or I suppose as the tube is 38mm if you could get some 25mmish you could cut them into the front of the bumper, I think 3 at each side would look good.

Alan...

jason_l

Phaeton":14m3j8mu said:
jason_l":14m3j8mu said:

Or I suppose as the tube is 38mm if you could get some 25mmish you could cut them into the front of the bumper, I think 3 at each side would look good.

Alan...

That sounds like a great idea, although it might be something i do later, SVA first  ::)

Might also consider getting some small fog lights and changing them for orange bulbs, they could fit on a bracket near the end of the bumper????? like i say though its all down the line..........

Jason

collie

Phaeton":v3o4kbru said:
Alex,

Don't know a local powder coating do you?

Alan...
Alan,
There are a couple of places in Chesterfield, though the one I chose I wouldn't immediately recommend! Quality of workmanship was good, but they took 4 times longer to get the job done!  :mad: Trying to fit too much work in, but atleast I got a discount out of them!

These are the guys I used:
DFB Contracting Services
Unit 11, Carrwood Rd, Chesterfield Trading Estate, Sheepbridge, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S41 9QB
Tel: 01246 453366

These are the other choices in Chesvegas  :)
Powdershop Ltd
Bay 4, Whittington Ind Est, South St North, New Whittington, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S43 2AF
Tel: 01246 268860

Pantex Coatings Ltd
Unit 1, Stephenson Rd, Speedwell Industrial Estate, Staveley, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S43 3JN
Tel: 01246 475233

Phaeton

Staff member
Been thinking I can't afford for the bits to be held up or late, so think I'm just going to get some rattle cans & spray them black (one of the local £££ shops apparently have large cans £1 each). They can always come back off & get done properly later. Also thinking I might weld in some spot brackets post SVA so would be better if they weren't coated till after.

Alan...

jason_l

Hi Alan,

Got the bumpers this morning and im well happy! Need a little cleaning up but they look great Alan, thanks again mate.

Jason :)

Mini Mad Max

Hi alan,
Do you have any spare front bumpers ;)? If so how much? I am just getting absolutely everything i need so i can do a load of big macano sessions on the buggy to get it built for SVA! I have a rear bumper and need a front one so then it creates the new floor hight or something like that ??? LOL
If you don't have any spare then i shall try to fabricate my own, i'll make a hash of it though!
Thanks,
Max

Phaeton

Staff member
Thanks Jason, Glad you're happy.

Sorry Max, I don't if you'd have shouted out before Christmas I could have made you one when I did Jason's & mine. If you don't get one sorted let me know. I've no time between no & the end of the month but after the SVA I will have. They're £50 each but the killer is the carriage it's £22.30 currently unless we are meeting up somewhere sometime.

Alan...

collie

Is Dave not available to make these up any more? Or have I missed something and gone and put my proverbial foot in said gob?

Phaeton

Staff member
Max,

Just depends how quickly you need it. Month end is only 3 weeks away, I have only 3 days to finish the buggy, as I am away this weekend at Santa Pod & Sunday the weekend after is Bingley.

Alan...

Mini Mad Max

Yeah I'll have one then,
Would you mind if i see how yours does in SVA with it before i have one made? Just to make sure that it passes fine.
Hope you don't mind. I will pay you the monies some time in the near future, I don't think i will be going to any shows soon until Stonleigh so I'm going to have to go with the postage costs :-\
Thanks very Much ;D
Max

Mini Mad Max

Hi alan,
I don't think i will have my buggy done in time before SVA changes so when you have bumper ready i would love to part with some money for one :D
Max