Comp Safari Sun/Mon

offroad 68

Comp safari at Penkridge near Stafford this sunday and monday, starts 2 on sunday until 8 then 9.30 till 3.30 monday free to spectate.
Directions
ST19 5QW: From the A449 at Penkridge, turn west at Hodsons Ford Garage onto Pinfold Lane. Follow the lane under the railway bridge, past The Hatherton Hotel and then bear right over the River Penk. Continue on this lane (do not turn off to the left) for about a mile and you will pass The Swan pub on your right. Carry on for a further half a mile and the site can be found on the left, just over a small bridge. NB There is a market in Penkridge on Saturdays.

I will be taking part in this event, went quite well here last year with a smaller engine until my clutch fell apart :( Made many improvements to my buggy since last time out so looking forward to this event.
Lee.

offroad 68

Got a few problems with the buggy not sure if I am going today.
A bit of a video of my buggy over a jump yesterday
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI9Eu2ePG6s[/youtube]

offroad 68

It seemed like my power steering (just fitted) was not working all of the time, after a while we worked out it was because the clevis's on the steering rack were moving a bit which made the rose joint that connects to the clevis bind and makie the steering very heavy this then caused the steering shaft to snap luckly on a slow corner. We jumped in the car and shot back to my workshop re welded it and put an extra collar over it and welded that as well.
We re fitted the shaft and made some adjustments to try to cure the problem, did a few more laps still with steering problems then going around a corner I put my foot down but nothing happened :eek: and the engine died.
tried to re start it but nothing tried a few things still nowt, got towed back to the pits and tried to find the problem but no luck so loaded up and went home.
Got it in the workshop and just ready to lock up and go home and just thought I would try it again, turned the key and it started ???
This morning I was thinking I have a intermittant problem and the only way to sort it out is th drive it again until it does it again, also got some green locktite and put it on the clevis threads to stop them spinning. got to the track about 11 went to start the buggy to get it off the trailer but no go :mad: cut a long story short when we moved the loom it started, moved it again and it stopped, after a while we found a damaged wire going to the tip sensor, fixed it and off we went.
We did 3 laps but still some steering problems, I think the fastest lap today was 7.40 where we dit 8.03 8.02 and out last lap was 7.55 so not so bad.

Baloo

car no 2 on the second clip looks fast, whats in that Lee, is it 2 wd as l cant see the front wheels kicking up the dirt, some of the landrovers look very slow l guess there is lots of different classes ie 2.5 perol engined landrovers

offroad 68

Car no 2 is the guy(dan lofthouse) who is leading the british championship at the moments's car from last year, it is 4x4, I have noticed quite a few of the front running cars seem to be in rear wheel drive only at times, Maybe some cleaver center diff?

offroad 68

I am confused, I thought the car in the videos was not the ex dan lofthouse car but I am sure the ex dan lofthouse car was parked next to me in the pits with a number 2 on it, I was talking to the driver :eek: Maybe I am loosing the plot :)