Correctly registered ABS Freestyle road buggy

Striker98

Hi,

Im new to the forum but not new to kitcars and all the other fun stuff from the UK. Ive had several Sylva Strikers, Westfields and Lotus Elise's.

For this summer I'm looking for a ABS Freestyle buggy. The only reuqest is that it needs to registered correctly on the V5 (engine number mentioned correct, if there is 1 on it) and a in date SVA would be nice.

Small work to be done is fine, but Im not looking for half built projects with only "minor stuff to finish". If its really minor, probably the current owner would do it himself.

So, if you have your buggy gasping for dust in your garage and you'd like to sell it? Please let me know....

Tips or Ebay listing are very welcome. I've found 1 already, but the price seems a bit high imho....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Freestyle-Fun ... SwwPhWiW5x

250buggys

IMHO that buggy is well worth the asking price, if you want a good example go for it put an offer in. If you were to build it yourself you will pay much more than that in parts and tools etc

Striker98

Ok thanks, Im trying to lookup this car on the DVLA website, but Austin, Rover, Mini, nothing matches the "Make" of this vehicle. Any idea?

250buggys

Just send the seller a message I'm sure he can advise, you won't get much from the dvla except that is Sorn and has mot the doner car won't be the manufacturer

Phaeton

Staff member
Pricing a buggy is very difficult, the first one I sold went for £3200 although it had cost me more than that to build & register, the 2nd went for £1850 which was correctly registered but did need some work to tidy it up. The most expensive one to change hands to my knowledge was the 1st K series one which sold for over £5k, although I do think the seller was lucky that 2 buyers duked it out in a bidding war. It's quite a small niche market, with only a small number of people who are serious about buying one.

The one in the ebay advert is a very nice looking one & I 'think' it was at Stoneleigh or another show a couple of years ago, I seem to remember that fuel tank from somewhere. As to what it is registered as ask the seller to send you an image of the inside of the V5C, he won't have to reveal any personal details to you to do that although it does state 2) Kit Documents. Log Book, SVA Docs, Number Plate Authorisation Certificate etc so it does look like it has been done correctly, for it to be SVA & not IVA then it was registered between 1998 & 2009

Personally I think the price is spot-on but then I am biased & all the ones that sold under £3k were too cheap, if you compare what people are paying for the Chinese rubbish that break in a couple of years it is great value, but the old adage remains something is only worth what somebody is willing to pay. The kit was £2,200, parts depending on how much new stuff you put on would set you back at least another £2000, £500 for the IVA, another £200 for the re-test (there is always a retest), all the work you have to do (that could be a positive or a negative depending on view)

It will all depend what buyers situation is, does he really want to sell it, or is he like some happy to have it stand, he appears to have plenty of space which is my issue I have none. I would suggest go see it, have a drive, have a chat, talk about kits over a coffee/tea & then make an offer you are comfortable with, what's the worst he can say "No" well he could say worse I suppose, but there's no need to fall out :D

Striker98

Just go there for a coffee sounds nice to me, but Im based in the Netherlands, so looking for something for secure then expecting a "no".

Apart from that the paperwork and year must be correct (all before 1997 is perfect due to cat and emission restriction rules from 1997 on). I have the time to look for something that suits me, but can decide dead on if I see something I want...

Danny

Administrator
Striker98":131mu9qf said:
Just go there for a coffee sounds nice to me, but Im based in the Netherlands, so looking for something for secure then expecting a "no".

Apart from that the paperwork and year must be correct (all before 1997 is perfect due to cat and emission restriction rules from 1997 on). I have the time to look for something that suits me, but can decide dead on if I see something I want...
Haha I got 2 road legal ones... one just says abs on it no model or anything :-/

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk