Daily driving

p5curly

Hi , new to these forums just wondered what these buggys are like to drive daily on the road and what sort of mpg you get out of a tank of fuel
cheers
ste

Phaeton

Staff member
"p5curly"":3bulv2c0 said:
Hi , new to these forums just wondered what these buggys are like to drive daily on the road
Three words to describe driving the Buggy at anytime Fun Fun Fun, will be a bit cold this time of year, with no heater as standard, but at least you don't have to worry about the screeen frosting over.

"p5curly"":3bulv2c0 said:
what sort of mpg you get out of a tank of fuel
cheers
ste
Do you mean what MPG or do you mean how many miles per tank?

Welcome to the forum btw. You know you want to.

Alan...

Hoagy

i have been uing mine for about 18 months, get yourself a good set of waterproofs, a fullface helmet and a pair of bike gloves, its no worse than a motor bike and you can't fall off (i did and it hurts)

mpg is the same a the equivelent engined mini except when seeing off the hot hatch brigade when the fuel consumption really goes up.

drag race starts and red line in every gear = expensive

Danny

Administrator
lol

those starts are the best lol everybody is a potential competiter in the 'Danny Super Sprint' lol

Welcome to the forum

Danny

davidswallow

Being new to this forum I wanted to resurrect it as I bought my GS Moon 260cc exactly for this purpose. I previously had an Audi on lease costing £500  pm and mostly unused. 4 months later my buggy, which cost £1500 has covered itself and is used for the 15 mile round trip to the station.

It hasn't been the most reliable but a recent service will hopefully fix things. I plan to run it through spring, including the odd longer run, and see if it is reliable enough. I am thinking a Joyner 650cc may be preferrable as it holds up less traffic! My problem as someone not technically minded is I would prefer to buy from a northants or leics based dealer to ensure I can get it back on the road if it breaks down.

Does anyone else use their buggy for daily commuting?

David

esdebe

I do if the weather is good enough, the longest commute I've done has been 50 miles each way and I managed a week of that last year...

Saying that I have to have business insurance as my place of work changes from day to day...  I also have limited the use to 3000 miles to keep the insurance down so I can't do too many weeks like that one..  My customers can always tell when I've used my buggy to get there (not because the see or hear it) but because I can't stop smiling..

Simon

Jah

I'm new to this thing so if anyone can answer some of my questions i'd be grateful,
Afew people have said they use their buggies frequently, but said only for 1 week,

1  - What if I decided to build one. would it be possile to use it every day? just like a car? I'm about to turn 18 so obviously use my parents car a hell of a as much as I can

2  - How often do these really break down and what goes wrong with them?

3 - i'm 18 with 7 months driving How much is insurance going to be to use everyday? (state what buggy you own) if possible tell me a insurance company so i can get i qoute.

4 - How much does the project cost?, I'm looking at thee blitz kr3 probably for cost reasons go for a blitz 2

5 - what kind of equipment are we talking about?

HolyCount

Hi Jah. Can't speak for the blitz as I have a freestyle --- but basically, look on it as a 4 wheel motorbike --- wear bike gear and you can use it where and when you'd be happy using a bike. For one off trips people have used them to tour the continent!  As for reliability .... bodily as reliable as you have built them, mechanically as reliable as the donor would have been -- it is still a car at heart!. Chinese imports off ebay are another question, But if you build one yourself a) you know how it went together and what's in it and b) how to fix it when it does break!

Mini Mad Max

Plus, they are easier to fix because there's nothing int he way so you can easily target the source of the problem. :D
There's nothing more fun than a buggy either!
I don't think you'll find much about blitz's from people on here, it's mainly freestyle owners, but there are a good stead stream of other buggies arriving ;D
Welcome anyway!
Max

Phaeton

Staff member
Now Now Max don't turn him away, what we need is to attract more Blitz owners they seem to be a shy bunch. There must be hundred's out there more than Freestyles I would imagine but not sure where they all hide, are we that frightening?

Alan...

Mini Mad Max

There's only about 4 blitz owners on here isn't there, BUT YES! PLEASE WE NEED MORE BLITZERS! :D
Both buggies are relatively similar so i don't see how we couldn't help. I can't be so biased towards freestyles, seeing as i nearly bought a blitz... are you all ready for this: "I pledge never to be biased towards Freestyle buggies and give both Blitz's and Freestlyes a fair amount of advertisement."
Max :)
PS: I'm in a great mood, stoneleigh in a week!

HolyCount

That's right Max  ;D  They might be different buggies, but we all share similar problems building them and making them road legal ( if that's what we are after)  :)

Buggybloke

I run a Blitz2 as my daily driver, in ALL weathers, yes I have waterproofs, but am currently mid-way through fitting a heater, using a matrix from a Renault 25 estate, fitted into a homemade sheet steel heater 'box'. For a blower motor, I'm using 2x 120mm electrical equipment fans, each capable of shifting 165 cubic metres of air every 30secs, so they should blow quite well, as for ducting: to my windscreen demister nozzles, I have used 1 1/2" bore rubber hoover-tube type hose, and plastic plumbing fittings for cabin vents, ...and it's all coming together very well.....pictures soon to follow.