elp!

Cabriolet

I have only got one rubber bush for the top of each of the front shock absorbers. This is how they came from Dave, I assume that they were "borrowed for an emergency".
Any ideas?
I have a few bottom arm bushes floating round, I could fit one of them?
or pack it with washers and have solid mounts!

Decisions, decisions…

Cabriolet

Well, I was clearly lying when I said the shicks came from Dave. I now remember getting them from ebay years ago.

I opted for using a tie rod bush, not sure how long it will last before it destroys itself, but it will get me on the road at least.

MattBlack

No panic here.

If you're talking about the gaps that are left between the chassis mounts and the top fixing of the rear dampers (which i think you are)... then there is no need for bushes in here as you will only get up and down movement of the damper ... nothing lateral. As such you can just pack it out evenly with washers.

Not sure why its such a big gap, i figured it may be for different damper options but never really found out for certain.

MattBlack

Derrrr!

Now i've read your post properly :oops: .I see you mean the front dampers not the rear ones... however, the same goes. Just space them out with washers so they don't foul each other and fit through the holes in the chassis.

Cabriolet

haha.
I do mean the front freestyle dampers, which are from the rear in a mini.

On a mini there are two rubber bushes, one under the wheel arch and one inside the boot with a big metal washer and a nut holding it all together.

on the buggy, I have spaced the shocks at the central mounting point with washers so the are central to the spring, but I only have one rubber bush on the top of them both. So I put this under the A shaped suspension arm. Then inside the cup I put a tie rod rubber bush, followed by the cup washer and nipped the nut up.

Im sure it'l be fine! its just not the same shape and may move around and wear out more quickly.

MattBlack

Got you now.

Yeah.. i've got a bush on each side of the suspension arm. They came with the dampers ( i had to get new ones) so they match the cup washers.

As you say.. i'm sure your set up will be fine.. so what if you have to change the tie bar bush you've used every 12000 miles!

esdebe

I have just replaced my front setup for some adjustable coil overs and have my old set (and the rubbers available)...

I'll bring you the rubbers if you want them to donnington