Exeter Trial on Fifth Gear

Danny

Administrator
I saw that too looked wicked... would be a good club event.

I not here next year off around in my trip...doh

But hey

Danny

wurzell

Would HIGHLY recommend this event, one of the oldest worldwide motoring Trials, still running virtually as it did ONE HUNDRED YEARS ago!!

Unfortunately, the last time I did it in a Freestyle, we blew the diff on fearsome Simm's Hill, two sections from the finish, with a Silver Medal in sight......

If it had'nt been for a spectating "Smart Dave", who towed us forty miles home, we would have been well and truely knackered!! :shock:
Cheers Dave!

Hopefully, out again some time later this year, for more mudlarking frolics....

iank

As a matter of interest wurzell what tyres did/do you use.
As Colway have gone bankrupt (again :mad:) I'm at a bit of a loss for what tyres to get. Don't want anything too extreme, but some mild off-roading will test a lot of the road tyres available these days.

I've read the ACTC approved tyre list but it's hard to find anything you can actually still buy on that list, and some don't really inspire (Kwik-Fit Centaur tyres are shocking on a wet road from what I remember about being young and stupid with no cash).

It would be good to choose something of that list though just in case I ever get up the guts to give one a go :D