Failed M.O.T

Steve

I took the Buggy for M.O.T yesterday and it failed. First time its failed in 9 years.
I usually check it over before I take it, but as I was in a rush, I just got it out the garage and drove it there with no checks.
Failed on Hand brake not efficient enough.
Play in front wheel bearing.
Slight play in steering rack.
Think I've sorted, just need to find some time to take it back.

I took the column off as I did notice that there was some play between the two U/V joints. Does anyone else have play there as I can't find any way of tightening it up?

Steve

Phaeton

Staff member
Steve":1tqxjcja said:
I took the Buggy for M.O.T yesterday and it failed. First time its failed in 9 years.

Not bad then, testament to the builder

I usually check it over before I take it, but as I was in a rush, I just got it out the garage and drove it there with no checks.

Always the way, it'll be right

Failed on Hand brake not efficient enough.

No real surprise there, amazed you've managed the last 6 years

Play in front wheel bearing.

Again no real surprise, expect them each year if you don't adjust.

Slight play in steering rack.

You can tighten the screw up a little, which can take a little out before it gets difficult to turn, but I think my last new one was less than £30

Think I've sorted, just need to find some time to take it back.

Kids, family, work, don't they all just get in the way

I took the column off as I did notice that there was some play between the two U/V joints. Does anyone else have play there as I can't find any way of tightening it up?
Steve
Don't think there is any adjustment at all, you might be able to push the bearings out & replace tem

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
that play in the UV joints is normally just play in the Rack... when you fit the new rack just loosen all the bolts for the colomn as well then get all the right angles and tighten up :)