FLATBAR

Asbo

Hi lads. A pologies for not bein on much lately,had a lot goin on re court case/setbacks/scottish judicial system(best place to get away with it)/legal cr#p etc.....murderin b4strds still not bn at court)but,i'm now gettin into re-workin the buggy and lookin for ideas as where to 'acquire' some stuff.....

im needin 4 lengths of flatbar,mild steel,upto 1 1/2" wide,about 18" long, upto 4mm thick......to affix my new chopper-stylee arches.

also in need of some advice as to how to fit led lites to rear,help.lol.

thanks,wull.

Phaeton

Staff member
Welcome back mate, hope it does all get sorted in the end.

As for the steel, use yell.com & look for Steel Stockholders in your area. Other place to try would be fabricators, the best ones I have found are the one or two man business's, they will normally sell you bits of steel for little money.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
"wulliecosse"":20f2t3un said:
also in need of some advice as to how to fit led lites to rear,help.lol.

thanks,wull.
Missed this bit, what help do you need?

Alan...

Tonka

try corus or brown and tawse think there are a few over scotland think brown and tawse have a minimum order tho of £50

Asbo

cheers lads,got the flatbar issue sorted whilst dropping a car at a local garage for repair. noticed loads of it just lyin outside a welders yard and some of it 'fell' onto my truck.whoopsadaisy.lol. also,alan,prob with mountin new led rears was'where to'?...solved that by acquiring a length of 4"x"2 aluminium box section which a mate is going to weld up the ends and cut the holes to fit the led stop/tail/ind and new reverse/fogs. also fitting led strips as front ind's on either the front of front arches or on the new nosecone.