Freestyle Handbrake Cable

Laner

Hi,
I bought the Freestyle off Asbo and am doing some work on it at the moment.
Bought it with the big ends knocking. Stripped it down and found No2 end gone. Obtained 2nd hand crank and rods. Now rebuilding.
Seeing that I've got the subframe off, I'm reconditioning the whole rear end.
My question is...........What's the handbrake cable from? Looking through some old posts its possibly a Fiat Panda. Can anyone confirm that please?
Many thanks, Robin.

Phaeton

Staff member
Robin,

That seems to be right, not sure which model it was, think we had the part number but it might have been on the last forum.

Alan...

Mini Mad Max

I have a couple of spares, of which i may not be using, but i will find out the part number next time i'm in the garage which may be later tonight or tomorrow night.
Max

jason_l

On the subject of handbrake cables.......

Alan/Max, whats the handbrake cable to use with the golf rear calipers? Im guessing its the golf one? One of my next jobs is to route the handbrake cable as i don't want it getting in the way of anything else thats there!

Alan, any pictures of how you have done yours? I may need to modify mine as the buggy is longer........

Thanks,

Jason :D

Mini Mad Max

No but am taking my hubs up to an engineering shop in carlisle tomorrow hopefully to get them looked at and machined :)
I presume it's just a golf mk 4 handbrake cable :p
Max