Freestyle on Ebay Cedric

Phaeton

Staff member
Well it was good to meet Dave briefly earlier when he came to pick Cedric up, unfortunately he must have picked the worse day this year to do it. As I came home to meet him there was 2" standing water on the M1 it was raining that hard. He hadn't brought any wet weather gear with him as when he left Manchester the sun was shining. He was caught between the rock & the hard place, wait to see if it would clear up or just go for it, in the end I lent him my water proof's & he has gone for it.

Hope he makes it okay and we hear from him soon.

Alan...

Skirrow

Still here!

Stopped for a McDonalds. Have to say the country roads between yours and the motorway were quite scary in that weather. Brightened up once on the motorway though and I started to enjoy it. The buggy was fine, although I think some of the water must have got on the dizzy as I had some power problems and then it cut out, but once I got away from the big puddles it was fine.

Phaeton

Staff member
Sorry no, I just left well alone, there used to be a website where you could look up the engine age I think, that might give you an idea, but I'll be buggered if I can find it again.

Alan...

Skirrow

Yeah, you're probably thinking of ime.org.uk - it's down. Not sure how long it's been down though.

I'll have a look and try to work it out.

CAW

Hi, Not sure If it's in the right place but, I remember Alan saying it had a bike speedo on Cedric, Could you tell me where the pickup sensor is placed. Fancy putting one on the fake one.

I guess it's over to Alan or Dave now, cheers

Andy

Skirrow

I've located the sensor but it was at the end of peice of wire coiled up under the dash. I presume it was mounted on one of the suspension parts. There should be a magnet attached to the wheel bug that was missing sadly so the speedo won't work.

Incidentally, ifyou are going to fit one of these then go for the wired type. You can get wireless ones but I tested one ages ago and the speed shot upto 99mph as soon as the engine started. Presume the ignition circuit interfering with the wireless connection

CAW

Ta Dave,

Was thinking of getting one from Aldi ( wireless ), but from what you say I'll take the one off the bike and try that, just need to a good spot for the pickup.

Phaeton

Staff member
I've bought 2 wireless ones for the bike & Taken them both back total rubbish, so wired is far better. When I first had Mary I had a sensor pick-up type on the Acewell dash, the pickup was on the wheel arch support & the magnet attached to the wheel, unfortunately it flew past my ear at about 60 one day. So I've not got an adapter that comes off the speedo cable out of the gearbox, much more reliable.

Alan...