Freestyle on Faecesbook

250buggys

Good find Alan, your next project? 😃

In my neck of the woods. Still out there, most of the bits look present.

I paid £800 for mine and had a complete and running 1275.

So over priced in my opinion but they really don't come up very often so may be a good project for someone.

If it had a log book would be well worth rebuilding but at the moment everything is so expensive it probably isn't viable.

Phaeton

Staff member
Been chatting to him & he's come down to £1K but it's still not viable, no donor V5C, no invoice for chassis, he's convinced they go for £3,500 registered & £2,500 unregistered, told him about my last 2 that I sold for £1795 & £2250 (with K series) but he still thinks he can get his price.

I did offer him £800, but I'm now thinking I can buy a fair chunk of steel for £800, buy a MKF/TF & start from scratch, I'm still slightly put off by the twisted seating position of the Freestyle. If I use 2x MGF/TF subframes it will be slightly longer, but I can get the seating position square & put the fuel tank in the subframe at the front, I'm not as ambitious as Rich to start totally from scratch but mine would get on the road 'slacker' 😂🤣😂🤣

250buggys

Yer £1K plus the transport cost and an engine. I wonder why that one was stripped?;Defo not worth it.

I wonder who told him it was worth £2.5K good luck with that!

Shame Andy hadn't got that MGFT buggy he built, that would be worth putting on the road, looked really smart.

Even MGTFs are getting rare now and expensive.

Good to see another Freestyle is out there, I remember when they used to pop up every month on eBay....

Phaeton

Staff member
Yer £1K plus the transport cost and an engine. I wonder why that one was stripped?;Defo not worth it.

I wonder who told him it was worth £2.5K good luck with that!

Shame Andy hadn't got that MGFT buggy he built, that would be worth putting on the road, looked really smart.

Even MGTFs are getting rare now and expensive.

Good to see another Freestyle is out there, I remember when they used to pop up every month on eBay....
I know (or at least did) know of a low mileage MGTF £500-600 which would get me the V5C & hopefully a good engine, box & rear subframe. TBF the transport costs wouldn't be too bad, our Rav can do 60ish on a run, I have an A-frame which I'd throw in the back & then just make it into a trailer & tow it back it's just 7-8 hours out of my life.

250buggys

Yer sometimes an MOT failure will pop up.

Best to get one in the winter, soft tops always more this time of year

Sounds like the MGFF buggy could be a good project 😃

250buggys

This is the one Andy built, I wonder where it is now. Thats got to be a better option than paying over the odds for that Freestyle. 😃

Screenshot_20230716-162340674 (1).jpg

Screenshot_20230716-162314151 (1).jpg

Screenshot_20230716-162300108 (1).jpg

Phaeton

Staff member
Just emailed Andy, he's now retired, moving house, so there's no chance of him making a chassis, but until the Exocet goes it's all dreams anyway, so funny really the Exocet FB group got hugely upset that I was selling it so cheap, yet here we are a week later & it's still for sale.

250buggys

Bet he will miss that big field he had, that looked like lots of fun.

Fingers crossed someone will buy it soon and you can get that TF. 😃

250buggys

Thanks for link, 2 in 2 weeks.

This one looks all there and buildable (is that a word?)....

Mini parts were expensive when I put my Freestyle on the road and that was 5 years ago and now everything is expensive, really, really super expensive!!

Nice project for someone, wouldn't want to pay more than £500 etc.

At least all the bits look there.

I always really wanted one that was properly road registered that I could rebuild. The IVA costs with transport x 2 and retest easily cost me another £1K.......

Leigh1299

I messaged the guy to see if it was registered as he had put no v5/ documentation in the advert but there was a front number plate in the photos covered up ! Turns out it was someone’s name on the plate lol

250buggys

Saw that front number plate but didnt read too much into it, looks too clean to be used and stored well.

SVA deluxe kit, so best kit to build, ally pannels if you like tread plate etc, mine were steel.

Who would have thought that Renault turbo wheels would have fitted on mini hubs?