Freestyle Spares

Laner

What vehicle do I need to buy for spares that will fit a Freestyle?
For example if I buy a Rover metro what would fit?
The reason I say Rover Metro is because I'd like to fit the engine and box. Will it fit in the freestyle subframe? If not will the metro subframe fit the freestyle.......without too much hassle?
Thanks, Robin.

Buggybloke

I'd have thought most 'early' Metro parts will fit, maybe with a little persuasion, also bits that fit other vehicles may fit.... depends on your 'modifying/alteration skills'... someone on here has very nearly succeeded fitting a K series engine in a Freestyle, Blitzworld do a Blitz with a K series in it.... any thing from a 1.1ltr (Rover 100), or newest type Metro, to a 1.8ltr MGF!...... now that could be interesting!
My Blitz2 has Vauxhall Nova GTE seats, unidentified Rack gaiters on the rear steering rack (-used to locate rear suspension, not to give rear steering... although, it could be done!)
The cooling fan on my Blitz is a large VW 'swirly-blade' one, from a modern Golf or Passat, the heater matrix (yes, I do have a heater!), is from a Renault 25 estate..... mudguards from a Transit tipper.... where do you stop? if it looks like it's up to the job, and it fits without too much modification, then I'll use it.... it make it a more fun, individual and unique vehicle....
Good luck with your search, and watch this space for some 'snow-action shots'.......