Freestyle weight

Clubba

Can anyone tell me what a freestyle weighs .I am trying to get a chassis number for it and i have been sent loads of forms to complete  and i think DVLA have sent me the wrong forms !!Can anyone let me know what number form i need they have sent me V55/5 and V55/4 which both ask me for the chassis number??
Thanks

Phaeton

Staff member
Do you mean a chassis number? You don;t need the DVLA to give you one, you can just make your own up, it should be 17 characters long have a look at this post & make one up in the same format.

As to weights, the ones I went through my SVA with were

Axle1 290Kgs
Axle2 450Kgs
GVW 740Kgs

Depending whether you have a donor car or not will depend on which form you need, I 'think' but please make sure if you have a donor it's the V55/5

Alan...

Clubba

Thanks for the answers  all helpful . No i am not on the road at the moment > I have two buggies the same as Dannys  they were both used for corporate activities in fields with reverse steering on . One of them i am keeping for the corporate stuff to go with our hovercraft  business  the other in my wisdom i want to put on the road  (with proper steering)and i didnt realize exactly how many things  I needed to do . I am a bit green with all the details of what to do to register  it etc I have just had all of the electrics done I just have to work out how to connect the hand brake and bolt a few more bits on then i am ready to IVA i think . I could put a pic on when i work out how to do it. Any info will be much appreciated ,I wanted to have it on the road for April  for some sunny days but sadly behind schedule !!

jason_l

Sounds interesting  ;D Get those pics up asap! There is loads of people here with pretty good knowledge that will be able to help. If you get pics up then we can all tell you what parts look like they are good and what parts may need looking at.  ;D

Jason :D

Clubba":109bguha said:
Thanks for the answers  all helpful . No i am not on the road at the moment > I have two buggies the same as Dannys  they were both used for corporate activities in fields with reverse steering on . One of them i am keeping for the corporate stuff to go with our hovercraft  business  the other in my wisdom i want to put on the road  (with proper steering)and i didnt realize exactly how many things   I needed to do . I am a bit green with all the details of what to do to register  it etc I have just had all of the electrics done I just have to work out how to connect the hand brake and bolt a few more bits on then i am ready to IVA i think . I could put a pic on when i work out how to do it. Any info will be much appreciated ,I wanted to have it on the road for April  for some sunny days but sadly behind schedule !!

Phaeton

Staff member
Easiest way for pictures is to create a free account on photobucket.com, upload your pictures & then put a tick in the box at the side of the ones you want to show. At the bottom of the page it says something like "Generate HMTL codes & Tags" or something like that. Click the link & there is one for forums, copy the code & paste into your post.

If that doesn't work send the to me at muddybuggies at phaeton dot plus dot com & I'll do it for you.

Alan...

Danny

Administrator
Haha

I know which buggies you are on about.... they were built for a company in birmingham to use.... I helped put them together for a day or so with dave :)

Danny

Clubba

Yes  i think they started off at  Bham wheels  and then were sold on to the company i bought them off so i am probably the 3rd owner,I dont think i am all that far from you Junction 20 M1.. Will try and get some pics on later

Clubba

I think you will be able to see one of my buggies here . This one is reverse steer as in turn right you go left.

20100214_1012.jpg

20100523_1129.jpg

More to follow