Front suspension travel

Angel Boy

I'm after a bit of a favour if someone can help.  Can someone with a completed Freestyle measure how much the top arm travels at the shock absorber end from when the front of the car is jacked up to when it is in its rest position and then have a guestimate of how much travel is left?

I cut the mounts off my buggy so I can't re-assemble and I'm trying to work out how much travel I need.

Ta v much.

Andy

Mini Mad Max

About the same as a mini, I wish i could help, but the other day in the garage, i made progress then went backwards several times in repetition and ended up with a pretty stripped down hub, just trying to get the wheel arch bracket on. ::)
Max

Angel Boy

Does it look like it could travel the full amount the shock absorber would allow?  If it does I'll just go and measure the rear shock absorber off a Mini  :)

Andy

Mini Mad Max

No is the answer, due to the cup on the modified top arms. With the bushes in place and done up tight, at full rebound (me thinks that's what it is when the hub is as low as possible) the angle of the shock in the cup with the bushes in stops it going any further, and the buggy is so light i imagine it rarely ever reaches full compression. Generally the mini suspension gives very little travel on the buggy.
Max :)