Front top arm roller pins...

BRUC3

After recieving my rubber dust shims yesterday, I went out armed with my spanners this afternoon to fit my top arms!

However, when I fitted the roller pins, the oval shaped plates didnt sit right on the chassis...

They look like this.....

buggy1.jpg

buggy2.jpg

Anyone able to see where im going wrong?

Bruce

BRUC3

Sorry, didnt realise they were so small!

197224_10150238206809498_599364497_8917295_3189442_n.jpg

Basically they just seem to big to fit in the gap.... Almost as if I need to take one of the washers out!

Phaeton

Staff member
Long time since I did this so guys if this is bollox please correct me, the big washer has to go into the chassis, so you need to clean out all the old paint etc. Also you may have the bolts the wrong way round, something at the back of the senile brain says they are one way only. Another thing to make sure is the bolt comes far enough through at the back & again isn't fouling.

Alan...

BRUC3

Yeah I know what ya mean about the big washer going in the chassis, but its the plate pushes it into the chassis...

Maybe the bolt are the wrong way round, so will have a proper look over the weekend and investigate!

collie

Like Alan suggested - I remember filing away my powdercoat to get the washers to fit, I remember assembling off the buggy and test fitting mine after filing away the powdercoat and it all slotted in nicely. Come to think of it, I think you are right Alan, I am sure I remember a difference between one side and the other too.
Alan will curse now, but I remember the HBOL was a great help to me at this pont!  ::)

BRUC3

Without the rubber washers they all fitted in fine, so maybe I've put the pins back in the wrong way like a numpty!

Will let ya know how I get on! :)

Mini Mad Max

mI found that you have to pull the rubber dust covers up out the way then slip them back over the rings when they're pushed back through. Try that if you're having no luck :)
Max

BRUC3

These things are doing my bloody nut!!!

Even after removing the rubber dust covers, they still wont fit! Really confused as to where im going wrong as I've had them fitted before without the dust covers!!!

Im going to wait and get some new plates, and probably get some new roller pins too eventually!

Sodding things!

collie

I can't do it tonight but I will try to look at HBOL and see if it jogs my memory otherwise you could purchase a copy, shouldn't be too expensive!?