Fuel filler insert?

jason_l

Hi All,

Just had a quick read through the IVA manual and i was under the impression that a nylon reducer had to be fitted to unleaded tanks so that a diesel nozzle won't fit into the filler kneck? Just read through the 03A petrol tank section and i can't find it anywhere? Am i just dreaming, i could have swarn its one of the requirements. I need to know the size of the reducer as im going to machine one at work.

Thanks if anyone can help. :D

Jason :D

jason_l

Phaeton":2037gtmi said:
I'm with you on this Jason, but I can't find it either.

Alan...

At least i know im not going crazy, yet!!!! Maybe it was part of the old SVA and it has been removed from IVA? However i could have swarn i read it in the IVA manual?

HolyCount

Kit car, this month (July issue) has a fair few IVA related atricles. TechTips (in the article regarding tethering fuel caps) says:

"Finally, after seeking additional clarification from the IVA policy department, there is no longer a requirement to fit a fuel restrictor in the filler neck. However, if you are fitting a catalysed engine in your kit car I would strongly urge you to fit one anyway."

So ... Thar y'go  ;D

jason_l

HolyCount":1nmml1a0 said:
Kit car, this month (July issue) has a fair few IVA related atricles. TechTips (in the article regarding tethering fuel caps) says:

"Finally, after seeking additional clarification from the IVA policy department, there is no longer a requirement to fit a fuel restrictor in the filler neck. However, if you are fitting a catalysed engine in your kit car I would strongly urge you to fit one anyway."

So ... Thar y'go  ;D

Kev you are a legend!!!!! That helps so much :D

Knowing i don't have to use an insert is perfect and actually changes the design of my fuel cell. The insert piece would of meant that the top 65mm of my fuel cell would be wasted as the insert goes into the tank and meant that my fuel cell was going to have a raised section. Now the fuel cell can be all one level as i can rip out the funnel part that is no longer needed.

Im a happy man, for once!