has anyone else had this??

when i took the buggy for the mot, the tester raised an eyebrow when he was checking the front breaks. the buggy was on the test rollers. when he applied the breaks, the arch appeared to roll forward. we swapped places so he could see. of coarse, i didn't push the peddle as much as him. passed the mot but he thought there was play in upper arm - but you cannot feel any when you grab the mounted wheel and move it from side to side.
so does the arch tip forward when breaking on your beasties?? :? :?

Danny

Administrator
oh yes mine did... maybe it does.... i think its the tiebar bushes are worn then it does it.

I used to get it under heavy breaking, its been so long since I have driven mine....

Danny

cheers don't feel so bad now. i don't have tie bars on my car though - i hav a sort of wish bone set up. hav fitted the up rated rubbers but it still happening. was thinking of turning some spacers out of nylon to replace the rubbers. any one any thoughts on this??

my mini used to have solid subframe mounts all round ( nylon and alluminium), they stopped any movement. only down side to them was noise transfer - cannot see that being a prob in the buggy though.