Hello Peeps

collie

Hi Folks, My names Alex and I recently found out about these wonderful machines, still doing research and wondering if my mechanical knowledge is up to scratch!?
I'm sure there'll be quite a few questions from me in the near future, but just wanted to post this message up and say hi!

RichardG

Hi - welcome to the forum.

I built my first kit car a few years ago starting with mechanical knowledge of zero , £30 tool kit from Argos and the trusty Haynes manual :D

just take your time and learn as you go along. You will find plenty of help & advice on this forum and others like it.

Richard

Phaeton

Staff member
Welcome aboard Alex, Don't let not having knowledge put you off, building a Freestyle is a learning experience no matter what level of mechanical knowledge you have. As you're from the Spire town there are to my knowledge 3 other owners within 40 miles of you who I'm sure will be available for on-site advice or moral building when things aren't going exactly to plan. There are probably more but just haven't come out of the woodwork yet. The forum is a great place for information everybody is very helpful & full of ideas. One of the great things I like about the Freestyle is although we all build the same buggy every one is different. We all seem to approach different things from different angles depending on our backgrounds, yet none of them is the right way, they are all right way. Go look at any other kit at a show, although they maybe different colours they are all same. At Stonleigh we had 5 buggies not one of them the same, at Newark we had 3 of the same from Stonleigh & another one which was completely different again.

Regards

Alan...

collie

Thanks for your words of encouragement, it'd be nice to see a couple in the flesh before I start the process? Are many of you at any of the car shows coming up this summer?
One thing I think has been decided for me is lack of space (the garage aint mine) so a donor car is out of the question, so I just gotta work out where I can get an engine and essential components before I begin the build process!

RichardG

Next kit car show will be at Donnington in September. I am sure there will a couple of buggies there. With a bit of luck we will have ours thru the SVA re-test and registered in time! :D

Phaeton

Staff member
If you're quick there's 2 currently at my house just north of Worksop, but maybe not for much longer.

Alan...

collie

"Phaeton"":2zkyu7c0 said:
If you're quick there's 2 currently at my house just north of Worksop, but maybe not for much longer.

Alan...

I work in Barlborough, so if you don't mind me coming over for a neb this week after work, that would be cool. Cheers.

Phaeton

Staff member
Check out my ICQ number in my profile, that's my mobile number with a 0 in front, send me a text or give me a ring for the address.

Alan...

collie

Many Thanks Alan for inviting me over to have a look at the minibeasts on your drive! And thanks to Matt for allowing to give me a closer look at yours. Good luck with your SVA test!
You definitely caught my interest and I look forward to starting my build in the near future!

Phaeton

Staff member
Only sorry you couldn't take it for a spin, maybe next time once the fuel tank is repaired.

Alan...