HELP WITH VOSA

esdebe

Where we differ on the covering etc. Go with things covered and if the tester complains take the covers off, they will let you do small things like that during the test (well most test centers will)

Phaeton

Staff member
Well it's been 11 1/2 hours since the test started & no update, is that good or bad??

Alan...

woofy

hi sorry been so long letting u all no the result.
a fail had a happy chappy from bristol who did not want to be there .fails were rear edge of cheese burger lamps of incorrect radius front bumper mounting assemlies offerd to put edging on reply was not good enough mirror mounts same even though they were coverd with a rubber gaiter he pulled that off iwanted to tell him he couldnt do that but just bit my tongue ,upper seat belt plastic covers to sharp original mini so i took cover off anput anut cover on nut he was happy for a while then changed his mindparking brake performance low electriccal terminals on immobalisor shut off switchfail to be adequatleyprotected,evidence of speedo accuracy required needs to be taken off drive wheel not front wheel as i did never thought at timehe took it for adrive rond afew times and said it was very good i thought to late to bull shit me now , so hopefully when igo back for retestthe regular bloke will be back and not his bristol releif oh happy days. steve

hmalan

Woofy,

I wouldn't be dissapointed as nothing there sounds like a major issue to fix.

As per previous comments it just goes to show that it is all down to who you get on the day amd what mood they are in.

Mine had rubber gaiters on the mirror mounts and passed ok and whilst mine has the speedo driven from the diff I went with Alan (Phaeton) to his SVA and his was driven off the front wheel at the time.

The tester said he could not test it because their machine is driven by the car wheels, so he could not fail it either and passed it.

Alan T.

esdebe

Mine failed on the mirror mounts, I had to put rubber U trim arround the metal plate on the stalk before putting the mirror on to pass.

Handbrake performance is allways an issue......

I was also told about the seatbelts too, butargued that they were inside the car not outside and got that through...

Speedo should have passed... They can't test it if it is on the front, so they will want to see the manual (check its "E" complicance)

If you fix what he failed you would be better of having the same person again, if you get a diffrent tester, although they are not suposed to check anything that is not on teh failed list they may find fault elsewhere....

I'm sure you will be able to resove... when is the retest?

good luck

Simon

Phaeton

Staff member
Well it has to be a congratulation at least you now have a list to work to. Bit harsh about the mirrors & the seat belts. Are all the rear brake parts new, if so they do take a bit of bedding in.

Alan...