hi from a newbie to buggies

edz27

hi all,i find myself joining your forum as a friend of mine is currently having a midlife crisis(join the club)he's toying with the idea of getting a buggie hes been looking at the blitz based on the vitara,but ive told him thats a bit big for a buggie(trying to sway him towards freestyle or kr2 or 3 type) as ill be his mechanic/builder,he wants to help but mainly drive it,he wants something road legal but for offraod as well,As for me im a jago geep nutter (don't laugh)currently have 3 ,1 is 2.3 ford v6 engined, 1 is just getting a 1.8 zetec transplant should be ready for stoneligh newark shows and the 3rd well im undecided loads of ideas,but now my m8 has mentioned buggies im sorta thinking of a buggie type model,its currently sat in the garage on axle stands it has a 2 mondeo zetec mated to a mt75 sierra 5 speed box,ive done away with the old ford type front struts and currently adding a double wishbone setup(thats a first for a jago as is the zetec install),not sure on rear end,easy life would be live axle but thinking of more wishbones,often thoght about a rear engine'd model as well,im not scared of the angle grinder/welder and believe anything is possible when it comes to modding motors,anyway more on the geeps later,i attend most kitcars shows and have seen most of the buggies on display allways thought "yeah i quite like the look of that"so ill leave it there for now with a view to asking for lots of advise and ideas later on with our quest :D
cheers edz