hi guys am new

steven1

hi guys am new to the buggy scene and want get up and so asking for some advice on what buggy would be best for me thanks steven

Baloo

hello steven

welcome aboard, whats the best buggy ? well probally a rage, but whats the best buggy most folk can afford well then it might be a blitz or a freestyle, what sort of terrain do you want to drive on ? tarmac, offroad, gravel/forest ?, do you want it road legal ? or offroad only, do you want to build one or buy one ?

lots of directions to head off in isent there

cheers Andy

steven1

hi andy well mainly for onroad so road legal indeed i have looked at rage buggies but the price wow i would like to build one myself but would also look at buying one if anyone could advise thanks

Steve

Hi and welcome to the site, good luck with finding a buggy. As for what type, it really is down to personal choice. I have a Freestyle but they are getting a little hard to find, however they do come up now and again. Keep an eye on the for sale section as a lot of thing are posted there when seen. Some better than others.
Best of luck.
Steve

steven1

thanks steve and danny i have looked alot at the freestyle that is the one for me but what donor car is best suited i can pick up a rover metro for £60 would that work

Baloo

steven1":3ks205v2 said:
thanks steve and danny i have looked alot at the freestyle that is the one for me but what donor car is best suited i can pick up a rover metro for £60 would that work

well it would depend on your fabrication skills, freestyle uses a mini subframe not a metro one, anything can be done with time and the right tools though, l guess the one you are looking at is a k series engine as its a rover metro and not just a metro :)

steven1

I don't have much fabrication skills but plenty of ideas :) so a rover metro any idea what year and is it a case of everything just bolts on

Steves2580

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum!
If fabrication is a problem, then a ready built, road legal machine might be your best option!
Quadzilla, Joyner or Traveller would possibly suit, cheaper too! (well sometimes)

Good luck with your search, ask us many questions and you'll get the right buggy!!

Steve.

steven1

Cheers steve can you get a road buggy with a windscreen and doors see a would use it everyday when the missus gets her car lol

Steves2580

Yep, there are road legal buggies, that have doors, windscreen and even a roof!!

Can't just remember who was advertising one at Stoneleigh last year, I think it was ATV World from Leeds, but I've just had a look at there website and not found it :(

I'll try and remember who it was, others on here might have seen it too!

I know that the polaris ranger can have a windscreen etc fitted, but the RZR 800 would be better than a ranger!!

Steve.