How's my fuel tank position?

Skirrow

I think I have the position of my fuel tank, but it looks a little close to the wheel. Can anyone tell me if I will run into any problems with arches or anything?

Image(54).jpg

Image(55).jpg

Image(56).jpg

Image(57).jpg

Image(58).jpg

esdebe

you may need to cut a bit out of the arches to get them to fit round it.. Danny had that issue and may have photos of his arches...

Skirrow

Cheers, I think I can handle that, so long as there's nothing dangerous and nothing that's ground for an SVA fail.

Phaeton

Staff member
Dave,

Mine was in a very similar position & wasn't a problem. just looking at the photo's have you put any bracing on the handbrake arms that mount to the shock tops?

Alan...

Skirrow

Alan, no bracing on the handbrake arms yet.

Not really sure how the cables are supposed to fit to be honest. I had to cut the springs down, but there's not really much holding them in apart from the tension in the spring. I think I'm missing a part, or simply not getting how they are supposed to fit. One of the many jobs that I have started and then just thought, "eh??" and then thought, "well it's not going to help me drive it round the garden so I'll leave it till later"

No the best way to work but there you go. I'll try to photo them if I don't figure it out so you can all laugh at me... :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Yeah, the cables come up over in a loop go through the bracket & then down onto the handbrake arm. The brackets flex so what most people have done is either weld a plate on at right angles or what I did was weld a 12mm bar down the middle. There is also an issue at the other end, depnding how you've moubted the L shaped brackets onto the subframe as this flex's as well.

Edit:- Just looked at http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j81/g ... /SVA23.jpg I used flat bar on mine but round on MattBlacks & his was better than mine.

Alan...

nw208

I was just going to put a post asking if anyone had photos of how the handbrake is supposed to work, because I am definately missing the brackets and was struggling to work out how I was going to make some. Low and behold a photo appeared.

Are you lot telepathic or summat?