In a Quandry

HolyCount

I have several projects on the go at the moment (sort of) .... a Domino Pimlico, just needing an engine (well .. although she is all there, really wanted to strip and re-do as she is a total unknown), Craig's (son in law) four seater, which has now been cut back to a two seater and my own buggy, which is still much as I got it and needs stripping back and re-doing from scratch ........

Well, after a few health issues lately I have been provisionally diagnosed with ME (which I must admit I never thought was real before  :-[  ). Anyway, at the moment I can't see myself finishing the Domino or my buggy ...... do I just mothball them, sell them, or try to soldier on ??????

Maybe the answer will come to me in a few days, but would appreciate you guy's thoughts......

Phaeton

Staff member
Sorry to hear about the ME mate, it's a weird one, one of Jill's cousins suffered luckily they managed to cure it, or at least she lives a normal life with it now.

As to the project, depends on space, working areas etc. I personally would try to hold on to them, you may need something to take your mind off the other things.

All the best

Alan...

Mini Mad Max

Sorry to hear about the ME too! My mate had it, but he's better now. You can't give up on the projects, you might have to pospone them but you can't give up ;) It's a good hobby to have-an expensive one, but hey lol.
It can be cured so i hope you get better!
Max

collie

Sorry to hear your news. It's amazing how common ME is, we all seem to know someone who has suffered with it some time in their life.
I'd mothball all but one project and focus your attention on that, like a lot of these things, the power of the mind is a great thing and like Alan says, concentrate on something positive, like finishing the buggy, it will take your mind off things.

iank

Having been in a similar (though different health problem) situation I'd keep both stashed away if you have the space
and work to get one of them on the road slowly as you feel you can manage it.

Good luck with your recovery - positive mental attitude will help a lot.  If you sell them you'll just kick yourself later down the line.

Angel Boy

Good luck with the recovery, but don't let go of the projects.  Use them as a motivator to get better and also as a place to go to get away form it all, even if it is just pottering around listening to some good tunes.

Andy

Danny

Administrator
Good Luck I am sure you will breeze through.

Keep the projects plod along

All the best

Danny

HolyCount

Thanks for all the good advice. At the mo I have decided to mothball the Domino for the time being and plod along slowly with the buggy, listening to some good tunes  ;)