IT IS COLD

ben waine

hi guys  just taken the buggy out and it is very very very very very very very very cold but it felt good to rev it up agen(tht until u get it stuck when some ice breaks i had to push it half way out of the river then get the winch from under water and link it up to a broken fense ) any 1 else been a bit silly and taken there buggy out

Asbo

call me silly,but.lol.

mine still getting rebuilt,but seeing as how i live on a quite street,i took it out for a wee blast,just to hear the new peco backbox. it was however,without any bodypanels/nose/bonnet/seats/screen/lights/belts/mirrors etc etc and unbeknown to me,someone had reported some wee chavs bumming about on an old quad in the street behind. can yer see where this is leading?lol.anyways,the nice policewoman,on learning that i work for a police contractor,agreed to let me off provided i could show her an mot cert.couldny find it,so she settled for the fact it was taxed.passed go/collected £200/got out of jail free.

wont be doing that again in a hurry.

collie

Mine still has it's feet firmly planted in the Garage, not that I could get it out and take it for a blast it's still at the wheelbarrow stage!
Good stories though guys!  :)

jason_l

collie":21neb81m said:
Mine still has it's feet firmly planted in the Garage, not that I could get it out and take it for a blast it's still at the wheelbarrow stage!
Good stories though guys!  :)

Mine also in the same stage, think if mine was at a driveable stage then i would be going up and down the road in it  ::)

Mini Mad Max

SHUT UP GUYS!!!!... Your making me jealous ;D
Mine is currently sitting in a few hundred pieces in the garage so wont be ready till the summer at the earliest :'(
some good anicdotes lol.
Max

Danny

Administrator
I been swearing at mine all day..... Fuel tanks are a bastard! no easy way of making a reserve tank without spendin a lot on fuel switches so I have done it a different way.

looking forward to sunday

Danny

Phaeton

Staff member
Just tee them together & carry a can

OR

Run it till it's dry on one side, then when you stop, get out put the buggy on it's side & let the fuel change over  ;D ;D ;D

Alan...

nw208

Just received my battery cable from premier wiring and steering wheel and boss from pl minis,so hopefully mine should run this weekend for the first time in a year!!

Will keep you posted.

Danny

Administrator
Ha, Well I put mine all back together tonight, bastard thing wouldnt start so pushed it out to give it a jump from the van still wouldnt start then realised that the fuel sender was pissing fuel so thats 2 nights now this week I have filled the garage up with expensive fuel!!

To top it all off the the sack of nuts still dont want to start!! Esdebe is popping over tomorrow to help me solve (well I will stand back and watch... normally) fingers crossed it will fire into action!!

Danny

PS we wimping out of the show going in a car!!

esdebe

My buggy started fine, was going to use it to drive to bingley with Danny, but as Danny's was bleeding fuel, and the starter wouldn't do what it was suposed to do, I decided that if we were to see any of the show after helping him diagnose the problem we would need to use the motorway to get there, and the buggy isn't as much fun on the motorway, I'll get out in it some day soon though..  Then I'll be back in the garage tinkering looking for the next modification to make...

Simon

Asbo

danny....are we allowed to say the bastard word on here? just,i've been banned from lesser forums for swearing.

ben waine

y dont u check the fuel lines a few months ago mine split thn i was wondering y the mpg was going down then i turned it off 2 open a gate and the buggy wudnt start i walked round the back and there was several difernt streams of fule pissing out of it

Asbo

mines been runnin a bit smokey lately,stutters a bit on cold starts,hesitantl acceleration.....its not just ordinary misfuelling,this is M&S deisel in petrol. lol....tis free from work,so it goes in.