I've got issues with my buggy and need help!?!?

bob454

Hi all,
I have recently brought a "cheap" buggy, its one of the chinesse made/built ones called a Wangya, it has a 250cc, 4 stroke water cooled engine. I brought it as a non-runner, with a gearbox problem. However, when i picked it up, it had been partly stripped for the guy to work on, i was fine with that, he gave me all the bits in a box and I did'nt bother to check inside it. When i got it back to the garage unloaded it and emptied the box, half the parts were missing (eg, radiator, vacume pump, and a few other things).
Can anyone help me with parts/part numbers, photos/diagrams/schematics, what ever you can help me with, i would MASSIVELY apreciate it. I'm doing this on a very tight budget, mainly for my nephew, but for me to have a bit of fun at the same time.
Thank you again.

CAW

Hi and welcome,

Cant help really but have you been on to the guy to ask about the bits, and did you buy as complete but in bits, he might have them in a corner somewhere ::) .....worth a try.

Andy

Phaeton

Staff member
As Andy says my first port of call would be back to the seller unless that's not an option, radiator I would have thought we be a simple one, find something that fits, not sure what a vacuum pump is so can't help on that one. This is unfortunately one of the issues of these Chinese buggies, they are around for a few months & then they stop getting imported. A lot come into the country with no spares, I know I looked at bringing a container of Mini Moto's in a few years ago, they didn't give any spares but for every 20 you bought they would give you another for spares. Problem with that is people sell the extra one for extra profit & the other thing is normally the same parts break.

All I can suggest is put the make & model into your friend Google & see what comes up.

Welcome to the forum btw.

Alan...

bob454

Thanks guys,
I have rang the guy back a few times, but he hasn't been answering and didnt help that he seems to be a bit of a drunk (he was wasted when i picked up the buggy and it was 10am). He did say he'd had it running in the past, but stripped it to replace a belt in the transmission.
I'm actually thinking of getting a motorbike or quad engine and transmission to but in there instead & gradually replace as many bit and pieces as possible to make it "less chinesse" if you know what i mean?!
Any useful links, websites, etc, that you know of where i could get my hands on engines, etc. would be much appreciated.
And thank you for the welcome.

esdebe

when it comes to parts I use www.ebay.co.uk

or a local scrap yard.

If you are going the route of an engine / parts swap out then it's more a case of finding something that fits and does the job...

I've used various motorbike bits to improve cooling or develop crazy fuel transfer systems for dual tanks, or simple wing mirrors on my buggy, all of which have been sourced from ebay..

Radar

esdebe":38qax5ot said:
when it comes to parts I use http://www.ebay.co.uk

or a local scrap yard.

If you are going the route of an engine / parts swap out then it's more a case of finding something that fits and does the job...

I've used various motorbike bits to improve cooling or develop crazy fuel transfer systems for dual tanks, or simple wing mirrors on my buggy, all of which have been sourced from ebay..

Yep indeed Simons Buggy IS Dr Frankensteins creation works well for all that

Radar ;D ;D ;D

bob454

Thanks again guys,
The bloke who sold it to me has finally got back in contact with me and is going to send me the rest of the parts and has also offered me his single seater for a nice and cheap £100 as a good will gesture, so will be taking him up on that offer.
Ive also just been offered a GSXR 750 engine for a cool £30. So 2 projects on the go, will get some photos and videos posted as soon as i have things up and running.
But please keep any useful info, links, etc coming to me as I'm sure I'm still going to need parts, advise and things as am new to the buggy scene but can see myself getting really into it.

bob454

Thanks again guys for all your help.
A friend of mine whos quite the mechanic has kindly offered to put his race tuned honda cbr600 engine in the buggy. Its been dyno tested at 132bhp (so in theory making it roughly 390bhp per ton) so thinking i may well go for that after beefing up all the welds, breaks, steering, etc. Will definitely get some photos and videos up of it ripping my face off.

Radar

bob454":1ojfv8rq said:
Thanks again guys for all your help.
A friend of mine whos quite the mechanic has kindly offered to put his race tuned honda cbr600 engine in the buggy. Its been dyno tested at 132bhp (so in theory making it roughly 390bhp per ton) so thinking i may well go for that after beefing up all the welds, breaks, steering, etc. Will definitely get some photos and videos up of it ripping my face off.

In a chinese made buggy ??? lol take out LOTS of life insurance because that thing will not handle that kinda power safely at best you need to uprate brakes and ancillarys and such just be careful is all I am saying power is good but only in a chassis that is designed to take it

my two cents worth

Radar

bob454

Lol, I/we had already thought about that, no need to worry, we're "beefing up" anything that looks even remotely weak or that it wont take it. Luckily, my friend has got a VERY sensible head on him when it comes to those types of things, if he didn't, I'd have probably already kicked the bucket by now, being a MASSIVE adrenaline junkie, he pretty much keeps me in check.
Thanks for your concern though :)