Kooder01's Suzuki Blitz Discussion Tread

Mini Mad Max

Very nice indeed!! looks really smart! I think them massive wheels suit the proportions better than the dinky ones :p Also can't help but notice your collection of minis :D You couldn't give a little info on them too could you? :p haha
Max

Phaeton

Staff member
Yes Gav we have a separate thread that way it keeps the build nice & clean.

Some good work there, my lad has a Vitara with a 2" suspension lift & a 2" body lift, along with some huge tyres, he keeps snapping front drive shafts & recently smashed the side out of his front diff.

I keep looking at Vitara's & may get one if I ever get round to sell the MR2 Turbo.

Alan...

Mini Mad Max

Phaeton":26u7a8d1 said:
Yes Gav we have a separate thread that way it keeps the build nice & clean.

Some good work there, my lad has a Vitara with a 2" suspension lift & a 2" body lift, along with some huge tyres, he keeps snapping front drive shafts & recently smashed the side out of his front diff.

I keep looking at Vitara's & may get one if I ever get round to sell the MR2 Turbo.

Alan...
Seems to be the case with vitara's with uprated tyre and offroading, I went to a local 4X4 meeting and one of our friends had a vitara with some nice nobbly tyres and everyone said that won't last all day, and surely enough by lunchtime a driveshaft had snapped and by home time a diff blew and it was only front wheel drive, not to mention the loss of an exhaust and several other parts hahaha!
Max

kooder01

Thanks fella's

Common problem with the vitara diffs, he needs to upgrade to the steel housing rather then the ali one. They go for anything between 150 to 300 sheets.

As for the mini's

Here is one that I built for the mrs's wedding prezzie
DSC01240.jpg

DSC01241.jpg

DSC01246.jpg

DSC01245.jpg

DSC01243.jpg

DSC01253.jpg

DSC01249.jpg

DSC01254.jpg

The one thats in the side of the garage, is a shell that I was building to enter the midland speed championship (hill climbing and sprinting), however the costs just enter have soared since the build began. So the shell is up for sale at the mo.

Then there is the bini
P1020341.jpg

P1020340.jpg

P1020339.jpg

P1020390.jpg

The red one is off the road at the mo, once the Blitz is done its going to get a re spray I wasnt completely happy with the paint, and the engine and gearbox could do with a little work too.

Hope thats gives you little insight!

HolyCount

And there was I thinking "what a good paint job"!  ::)

(sais he who is about to attack his project with rattle cans!! )

kooder01

The prob I have with thee paint is that it's crazed in places, as I did the paint at home in the garage, I couldn't bake it! It only came through when it was out in the sun a week after I'd done the paint! Arse!

Seems to have reacted to something in the paint underneath, hours with the DA in my future when I get started on it.

I have had some cracking finishes out of cans before! One of the good tips is put the cans in hot water for half hour before you wanna used them, increases the pressure in the can making a finer spray pattern!

collie

The Blitz LOOKS AWESOME!
Really puts my thread to shame.
I enjoyed reading about your progress and look forward to the next instalment!
Good tip with the spray can's, made a mental note to try that when I get the urge to add a little more paint to my buggy!

Mini Mad Max

I really like the look of that mini, Top quality job, right down to painting between the fins of the rocker cover green to match the engine!
Max

kooder01

Thanks for the kind words!

The transmission brake was delivered on tuesday! So I have been having a tinker with that over the past couple of days, nice kit tho! Few little tweaks needed to it tho for the route of the handbrake cable. The bracket supplied, it's designed to fit inside the cab of a standard Sj, however on the blitz it's all underneath. I think I have sorted a fairly inventive way of dealing with it. I'll post some pics once it's all sorted out!

Radar

hey kooder I WANT THAT MINI minus the personalisation for your MRS nice looking bit of kit mate

Radar

kooder01

I have been know to build em to order! Lol

The mrs will kill me if I was to sell it! When it gets it's respray, it's gonna be changed up a little too. I have a set of 10 x 7 minilights to go on, group 2 wide arches, going to tub the rear arches to get it lower than a mouse's danggly bits. Then possibly make up a beam axle too as the rear subframe is possibly past it.

Mini Mad Max

kooder01":3s3cqbv0 said:
I have been know to build em to order! Lol

The mrs will kill me if I was to sell it! When it gets it's respray, it's gonna be changed up a little too. I have a set of 10 x 7 minilights to go on, group 2 wide arches, going to tub the rear arches to get it lower than a mouse's danggly bits. Then possibly make up a beam axle too as the rear subframe is possibly past it.
Hahaha, I heard beam axels change handelling a lou bit, but nout bad! from what i've seen it would seem that tight cornering makes it cock its hind wheel :p I have a thing for lowered minis with fat arches and wide 10" wheels, If only i could afford another project hahahah.
Max

kooder01

Cheers for that, I was a little unsure of the vinyl, but its turned out great, not anything like the old naff stuff that was black and grey squares!