Lotus elise

Danny

Administrator
Hi

Has anybody owned one?

I am putting the cappo in storage for a couple of years and I quite fancy a lotus elise....

I like the responsiveness of the cappa and the spritely handling... I bought jane a boring micra a couple of months ago so no need for anything practicle just a bit of looney fun :)

Anyway just thougt I would see what you guys thought and had any experience...

Danny

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Steves2580

Hi Danny,

I've not owned one, but driven a few ;D

They are fun to drive, handle very well. Controllable drifting with good feedback from the wheel ;D

Avoid the early ones, unless it's had it's head gasket done professionally!

Basically they drive like Mary, but with windows, doors, heater and radio (last two I drove didn't even have carpets) ;D

Have a good look round, you'll find a belter out there ;)

Steve ;D

Danny

Administrator
Yeah the s2 have toyota engines so way betterv:)

Will see what the new year brings :)

excuse my typing I am using tapatalk :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Alternative is the Vauxhall VX220

Alan

excuse my typing I am using Danny's spelling skills

Danny

Administrator
I cant fit in the VX220 :-(

The alternative for me is the Porsche Cayman S :) but I don't fancy the Porsche Servicing :)

Danny

Radar

the elisé servicing can be heavy too Dan they are hard on brakes and discs and some iffy gboxes I have heard

Mini Mad Max

Yeah! Be careful not to get an early one or one with the ceramic discs. The general consensus I heard was that the steel disc performance was more than adequate and costs far less to replace discs and pads. I think I read an issue with the 2zz-ge engine having issues with oil pump failure resulting in oil starvation and a wrecked engine, but on the whole they are far less of a headache than the K-series, but both are cracking engines if maintained properly :) I fit in an S2, had a sit in one ;) My dad has sat in a new one, and the roll bar behind the head is encased in fibreglass and hit the back of his head a fair bit. Just a tall person point of view ;)
Max