Max's 2010 Road Trip

Mini Mad Max

Next summer, well the cumbrian summer which is spring, I want to organise a tour of the lakes with buggies and maybe my local mini club ;D And also a day at kirkbride airfield for alsorts of unrestricted fun ;D

Asbo

Mini Mad Max":2icbab2x said:
Next summer, well the cumbrian summer which is spring, I want to organise a tour of the lakes with buggies and maybe my local mini club ;D And also a day at kirkbride airfield for alsorts of unrestricted fun ;D

post the planned route sir? count me in.  ;)

Mini Mad Max

I may plot a different route to last time and post it in the future which you may be able to peep at and see how many squiggly roads i've chosen :D
All i can show you is:
Hardknott1.jpg

And
07123004wrynose_pass%5B1%5D.jpg

And also
1520999.jpg

Just ideas, but if there is some positive interest into these pics then i may have to do some organising :D
Max

Mini Mad Max

I love the way that the top pic (Hardknott pass) and the middle (wrynose pass) seem to stretch on into the distance for several miles..... that's coz they do! MILE upon MILE of perfection, unless you cock it up :eek: Those pics must have been taken in the summer, that's when the weather's bad, it's only ever good from april to june then in september and bits in july. August is the rainy season up here ;D
Max

Phaeton

Staff member
Starting to wander off topic there lads, so here you are a new one for yourselves,

Alan...
p.s.Count me in.

Mini Mad Max

Sorry alan  ;D
Have 3 buggies,maybe 4 if mine is finished in time. I could pospone it to later on in next year rather than early on. That's right jason, i've pulled out of the race, i owe you a drink ;D
More people would be better, it's very fun and challenging collection of roads!

MAx

jason_l

Mini Mad Max":1mvgrgak said:
Sorry alan  ;D
Have 3 buggies,maybe 4 if mine is finished in time. I could pospone it to later on in next year rather than early on. That's right jason, i've pulled out of the race, i owe you a drink ;D
More people would be better, it's very fun and challenging collection of roads!

MAx

What do you mean you have pulled out of the race?????  :'( Dam, now who am i going to egg on?

I still think it will be a close race between you and me Max, so don't give up just yet. I am certain that my project will overshoot the deadline by miles (years  :-X). I have added a LOT of extra bits/parts that i wasn't planning on before and im making sure that everything is done right the first time round. No drink just yet.................. :p

Radar

Max whatever happens with this or any other trip planned but never taken I am gonna pop over and visit you next summer and drive some of that route with you in my buggy (assuming yours is still not on the road) it looks the biz.

I will probably stay overnight somewhere too so that the journey is more worthwhile and not rushed as I am only in Newcastle it's not to far and has gotta be better than driving all the way back from Bristol as I did when I collected my buggy lmao. that was a nightmare as it was running very hot and had to stop every 15 miles !! oh happy days (NOT)
However as you all now know I only stop every 80- 120 miles for fuel these days now the engine/cooling  is sorted !!.

Radar

Danny

Administrator
MAX!!

I AM IN!!! Me and jane wanna do scotland!! SO a tour of it sounds perfect!!

However I have done some pretty awesome roads in europe the pyrannesse and the alps... crazy hanging the arse out 4 wheel (controlled) drifts .... so much fun!!

Danny

PS maybe on a tight budget but still none the less ON IT!!!

Mini Mad Max

Thanks for more interest guys!
jason_l":65tkx33j said:
What do you mean you have pulled out of the race?????  :'( Dam, now who am i going to egg on?

I still think it will be a close race between you and me Max, so don't give up just yet. I am certain that my project will overshoot the deadline by miles (years  :-X). I have added a LOT of extra bits/parts that i wasn't planning on before and im making sure that everything is done right the first time round. No drink just yet.................. :p
I am now aiming for end of next summer holidays, so I plan to leave the road trip to the latter half of the cumbrian summer, All must be prepared so that when good weather is forecast, you all come flocking :D

Radar":65tkx33j said:
Max whatever happens with this or any other trip planned but never taken I am gonna pop over and visit you next summer and drive some of that route with you in my buggy (assuming yours is still not on the road) it looks the biz.

I will probably stay overnight somewhere too so that the journey is more worthwhile and not rushed as I am only in Newcastle it's not to far and has gotta be better than driving all the way back from Bristol as I did when I collected my buggy lmao. that was a nightmare as it was running very hot and had to stop every 15 miles !! oh happy days (NOT)
However as you all now know I only stop every 80- 120 miles for fuel these days now the engine/cooling  is sorted !!.

Radar
My home is always open to guests from here, and i wouldn't mind taking up that offer ;D Unless you want to go to the lakes, then there are a lot of squiggly roads along the Cumbrian stretch of the Pennines and Howgills and the south of Cumbria which i'm lead to believe are also good but less spoken of. Could do a weeks worth of touring in Cumbria, just trying to find the best road.
Danny":65tkx33j said:
MAX!!

I AM IN!!! Me and jane wanna do scotland!! SO a tour of it sounds perfect!!

However I have done some pretty awesome roads in europe the pyrannesse and the alps... crazy hanging the arse out 4 wheel (controlled) drifts .... so much fun!!

Danny

PS maybe on a tight budget but still none the less ON IT!!!
Hmmm, seems to me that the alps and Pyrannese  mountains probably have better roads than here, but at least this is in england ;D There are some good places to drift up here i'm sure, but tourists can be a pain in the holiday season!

This is brilliant! 6 buggies so far!  :D
Max

Mini Mad Max

Yes i will organise it when i get some spare time, GCSEs and other hobbies are slowing progress of my buggy build down and i'd really like to do it with the buggy on the road, but hopefully it should be in late august or september. Planning it to be a 3-4 day trip.
The more buggies that come the more fun is had! :D
Max

jason_l

If mine is built i will be there!!!!

Then we can finally sort out that drink Max, but who will be buying it???? ;D

esdebe

I'm not going to be able to make this due to family constraints and not getting enough time to be able to make the trip to / from there an enjoyable one.  I will however be looking to do a similar trip to last year through Wales again if anyone else is up for it.  I'll make sure that we don't run them on the same dates.....

I'm planning on doing a wales trip around the 30/07 to the 02/08  probably only 3 of the days so either a Friday start or a Monday end.

(Sorry Max to hijack your thread... I'll start my own)

Simon