Micks off-road buggy Discussion thread

Baloo

hello Mick

where in the world are you then irl ? car looks right hand drive, what sort of engine is it ? 4 cylinder l guess ? is it alloy blocked or iron, manual or auto, fuel injected what other cars use the same drive train, are you using the hubs drive shafts etc of it ?

nosey bugger arnt l lol

cheers Andy

ChaosMS

Blimey, I like the look of that buggy! well I would wouldnt I !!! ;D

Its looking good Mick, You need to start making dummys of all the parts you need to fit in the buggy now, then you can make sure, as I did that all the parts will fit!

Also check the gear change on that engine I bet its a rod change not a cable in which case youll need to make a cable change adaptor similar to mine to shift gears, I used an MR2 gear change unit and then custom built (dont I always)

Keep up the good work! lets see more design photos ;D

Mick458

Im in Australia :D yep its 4 cylinder manual and got a carby. I'm picking it up today so il upload some more photos of the car as soon as i can. I had planned to use the hubs off it, pretty much anything i can, I am still in the planning phase so yeah I am open to suggestions etc :p
And what exactly do you mean by dummys?
cheers

ChaosMS

I used dummy models the correct rough shape and size to ensure I could fit everything in (often just a box roughly the correct size)

Mick458

Ahh yep i will do that cheers :D I have a few more pictures of the car now and the engine in the engine bay. I have the radiator and some other stuff out of it now so might upload a few more pics tomorrow if its worth it.