Misfire

RichardG

:D :D :D

changing the fuel filter for a bigger one and moving it to between the tank and the fuel pump has cured the mis-fire. Fixing the head gasket has cured the cooling problems.

So went for a great blast round the Cotswolds yesterday - can you beliive the weather - its fab!!

Richard

esdebe

I was too, so I decided to take mine for a spin and ended up in a hedge...

So now I don't just have the head bolts to re-torque but also I need a new front bumper and some filler and reinforcing of one the wheelarches and then a paint job for the wheelarch...

As if I didn't have enought to do....

That said does anyone have any clever ways to repair the gelcoat......

Simon

Danny

Administrator
And you moan about my driving???

Got any pics.... thinking of adding a gallery section "Crashed Buggies" lol

Danny

esdebe

Nope, decided to fix rather than stand and take photos... Too busy to take my time... It didn't help that the road was covered in mud on the sharp bend, or that I was too busy adjusting my mirror as I had folded it in whilst it was in the garage... Anyway, the arch is off, cleaned up, filled, and I'm just waiting for it to set.

The one thing I need to do is blow all the mud out of the pasenger side scoop, as that is complety blocked..

I don't mind the mud then I'm expecting it but on a bend on a 60 MPH road when I'm not concentrating...

I do have a bit of mangled metal that was once the end of the bumper, but as for the rest of the bumper, I'm cutting that off and bolting on a new dog guard, at least them I can very easily take the front end off, I've been meaning to make a mod to it for a while anyway now...

The only thing I need to do is sand down and paint the arch... Just looking on google for painting techeniques on GRP.