Must resist this is so cheap

Muddy-chick

that is cheap??.... wonder what the reserve would be??.......even the "buy it now" price is 600quid, so thats not bad really! im loving that colour too!  :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Good luck, having seen what's wrong, it's mainly trim that needs sorting. Only area of concern was/is the seatbelt mountings, but in the flesh it might not be much of an issue.

Alan...

HolyCount

How would the lack of a steering lock be overcome ( iirc that was one of the fails ). Does something like a crroklock do -- or does it have to be an installed feature.

Phaeton

Staff member
Didn't see that one? Replace the column is the easy answer, not going to be that much I would have thought.

Alan...

collie

buggybrother":ub7iz5zh said:
hey peeps

just to say, i now own zee buggy, i must be mad but what the hell,

see u guys out n about
Welcome to Muddy Buggies! :) Hope you have success getting the buggy through SVA

esdebe

They are talking about the rear locking of the wheels in place (lock Nuts missing) on the rear track rod ends.

As for the front stearing there are a few things that can be done, using spacers on the wheels and longer studs to prevent the wheels fowling (although it sounds like the arches fowl too, so these need to be rotated further forward)

Alternatively take the gaters of teh end of the stearing rack and put some jubilie clips on the rack at the end of the stering lock to prevent the fowling taking place (then put the gaters back on)

Simon

HolyCount

LOL --- looks like a few of us have got our hands on this SVA fail sheet !!!!!  Was thinking it t'was only the arches fouling, to cut them back ( depending where they foul ). 

Most of the other stuff seems to be sharp edges and such and it looks like the engine should be caged, at least for the test, and that'll get rid of a multitude of sva sins at that end!

TBH that back end looks a mess in the eBay pics and needs sorting out anyway!

esdebe

I'd say that the back end was something they did after the SVA as it covers a lot of the things the Sheets talk about, but you are right, it is a bit ugly