just stumbled on this blitz looks quite tidy more tidy than usual lol

screenshot_873.png

Baloo

not sure if the link works, a couple more pics
it makes me want to dig out my spare frame and get building lol

screenshot_876.png

screenshot_875.png

250buggys

Not so sure about the Blitz, looks like a buggy but much prefer the lines of a Freestyle....

Could any mods be performed to the Freestyle in your opinion Andy to make it compete a lap or two around your off road track? Would love to pop up for a buggy weekender as you have very kindly offered in the past.

To confirm the Freestyle has buggy credentials. I have done a few green lanes and a stream in mine but not sure I can get around your track without recovering. Been looking at off road tyres and the only ones that come up are the Colway. 😃

Screenshot_20231202-175459604 (1).jpg

Baloo

i have to agree the freestyle has the looks if i could find a cheap one i would buy one, its just the mini suspension that holds the blitz back when off road, you start to bounce then you cant control the pedals, it kangaroos out of control, im sure you would get round the buggy track, the offroad track is a bit to severe i would imagine

250buggys

Perfect you have 2 tracks, a novice buggy track (Me) and a proper buggy track 😃. Need to build something else for that.

Looking at your vids the track past the lake looks most fun 😃

Probably need to bring a Hilux to recover but best guess you probably already have that covered 😃

Baloo

Perfect you have 2 tracks, a novice buggy track (Me) and a proper buggy track 😃. Need to build something else for that.

Looking at your vids the track past the lake looks most fun 😃

Probably need to bring a Hilux to recover but best guess you probably already have that covered 😃

there are 2 tracks, the buggy track is smooth and undulating no ruts or mounds just smooth grass, i cant find any up to date vid this must be 5 years or more ago and the camera was on the bonnet of a subaru just stock suspension and it gets round just fine

this one is even older but shows more of the track again camera on bonnet of a road car

oh and that tree that keeps getting in the way no longer exists it had a date with my log burner at home

out of interest l will go and run a suzuki round with a camera on the front to see how things have grown

and this is 12 years ago

so the buggy track is easy to get round at a fair speed and is finished and useable, the offroad track is far from finished just sections here and there that will eventually all link up into a trail about a mile long, i doubt anything 2 wheeldrive will get around, winches will be required in sections, hoping to finish that this coming summer

and the offer is still open if a dozen or so regulars on here want to come and have a weekend blasting round the track thats good with me, plenty of room to camp or there is a hay barn that l can leave open just need a sleeping bag, no mains electric or water but there is a couple of solar panels on the roof that run the cameras and will charge phones etc, there is a portaloo there, its in a place called alvechurch

track looks like this when its mowed

screenshot_538.png
screenshot_539.png
screenshot_544.png
pond6.png

and i have been working away creating new obstacles for the offroad track

pond 7.png
pond 3.png

l know its a pond but i needed the dirt that came out to biuld more offroad track lol

Last edited:

Phaeton

Staff member
Those 2 look like the ones I saw at Newark show earlier in the year, there was a Blitz for sale in Leeds a little while back with a MG engine in, was on FB I'll see if I can find the advert, I was half tempted myself, but they are built in such a way only their mother could love them.

Baloo

That new track is going to be so much fun. Now you have a good reason to build a new buggy 😃
i dont need a good reason lol i just biuld one if i feel like it lol, im still working on my jimny based buggy but its a bit slow at the moment as i moved house and im building a garage before i can get buggy building again
there was 2 single garages but they seem to be morphing into one much larger single
thumbnail (14).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg