Need Help with Blitz 2 Project

vexedben

Hi there,

I am considering buying a Blitz 2 buggy chassis and building the buggy myself. I am looking at running it with a 1275 mini engine. This is my first such project and am a bit unsure of where to even begin with it. Can anyone give me any pointers as to where to start with this project and a list of parts that I would need in order to complete the project?

Cheers

Ben

Phaeton

Staff member
Welcome to the forum Ben, tis a bit quiet at the moment the usual suspects are probably filling themselves with food & alcohol. Don't know too much about Blitz myself, but there are a couple on here. Andy (Baloo) is modding one from a A series into a K series, which I would consider if I was you. I know you can still buy them new, but you ought to consider getting a 2nd hand one, you don't say if it's for off or on or off/on road use. If it's on then an already registered one is a good idea, as putting one through the IVA is a bit of a ordeal, the test was not set-up for the types of Freestyles & Blitz's

Alan...

vexedben

Thanks Alan,

I am looking at using it as a project to learn from such as how all the parts work and refurbing engines and all the parts. I know the mini engine is quite simplistic in its self so i thought that this would be a good direction to go in. The buggy itself would be planned to be used both on and off the road. How would the conversion to a K series be in terms of difficulty?

Ben

Baloo

hello Ben

l have to agree with Allan that one that is already regestered is the way to go, there was quite a tidy one on ebay last week £600 and correctly regestered apparently

where in the world are you located Ben ?
the mini engine is very heavy for the amount of power it puts out, the k series is much lighter more powerfull and probally economical, one from an mgf is favorite as it will have the handbrake and gearchange already sorted for you, its not difficult to do but you will need to be able to weld as the rear diagonal bars will need relocating

cheers Andy

vexedben

hi andy,

I do think that this is now becoming the clear direction to go in and possibly stripping a buggy down to rebuild and learn about it that way. So as a starter would the mini engine do as a learning point then possibly look to swapping for a k series in the future?

Cheers

Ben

Baloo

hi
yes thats a fine way to go, you will be suprised how spritley a mini engine is in a light buggy, mini is nice and simple to wire up too, if you need any help give me a shout

cheers Andy

vexedben

Just an update. Looking at getting a blitz from Jim600 on the forum. Can't wait to finally own a buggy. :D

Steves2580

Well done Ben ;)

Happy buggying!!
You'll enjoy every second ;)

Get some pictures up, as soon as you can!!

Steve.