new freestyle

Baloo

does anyone have a bonnet for sale or moulds to produce one ?
l have come by another mgf engine and box

IMG_3602Medium.jpg

IMG_3600Medium.jpg

IMG_3601Medium.jpg

this time it has the CVT gearbox with paddle shift on the steering wheel, l would like to see how this performs in a buggy, the freestyle is a nice shape and would make a good test bed. l am sure l could knock one up in a day in the workshop but would need a bonnet to finish it of , any one got one going spare ??

Baloo

Phaeton":w9a7ubiu said:
Steve aka Biddleboy was making a plug, no idea if he ever finished it.

Alan...

l spoke to him a few minutes ago, he sold it to someone on here
but cant remember who ::)

CAW

;D , Andy re-mind me to hate you ...................Knock one up in a day ::) , O0

Andy

Baloo

CAW":19fvtoqm said:
;D , Andy re-mind me to hate you ...................Knock one up in a day ::) , O0

Andy

l would have to have a fair few tea breaks to spin it out that long :eek: but it would be the best part of a day by the time it was paneled and painted ;)

Phaeton

Staff member
Jason (jason_l) did have a spare that Danny grabbed dibs on, now whether it has found it's way over & could be redirected via yourself for a short period you'd have to ask.

Failing that, if it's for a plug you want it, you can come by & borrow mine for a few weeks I won't need it till the new year.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Bottom left is "Post Reply" then when big box comes up to enter text, look just below it on the left in blue it says Options & a 2nd tab that says Upload Attachemnts, try that, not sure it will work though for PDF's as you can embed virus's in them so the board may disable it. But worth a try.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Only other way is to upload it to http://www.mediafire.com/ & then post a link, not something I have ever done but apparently quite easy. If you can't do it, send it to the email address I have PM'd you & I'll have a go. At computer most of the night as I'm working.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Works for me, looks really good, might even fit in an A series subframe, looks shorter.

Alan...

Baloo

did you read all that on the down load ? lot of software stuff and adaptive learning going on :eek:
same gearbox as a bmw mini but that is running later software
will measure the length of the engine and box out of interest tomorrow and post it up in case anyone wants to double the power of their A series freestyle

Mini Mad Max

Double the power? What's it kickin out? :) Also can you give a brief description of how the gearbox works as am intrigued. I though CVT gearboxes were them things you got on old DAF road cars where the final drive ratio was constantly varying depending on engine speed, and don't understand how comes therefore you can change gear? Sorry to be so nosey, i'm actually rather interested. Can't wait to see what you knock up!
Max

Baloo

hi Max
power output of the k series is dependent on which version you are using, there is a 130 bhp a 145 and the trophy 160 bhp, there is also the turbo version of the same engine found in the rover 75 with around 180 to 200 bhp

cvt is a descendent of the daf variomatic in principle, the daf was limited to low power figures by the rubber belts, times have moved on and they now use metal drive belts that will with stand a lot more but probably not 200 bhp

if you down load this it will explain how it all works

http://www.mediafire.com/?o32e6n2tx3r0a56

cheers Andy

Phaeton

Staff member
Baloo":27cninze said:
did you read all that on the down load ? lot of software stuff and adaptive learning going on :eek:

Hadn't but have now, not sure how this will all work on an offroad buggy, but it sounds really good for an onroad one. I think all the software stuff will already be built into the MGF controllers already, so I don't think it's anything to worry about as long as you're using the full system.

Alan...