Molie

Afternoon,

I have just joined the forum and thought i would say Hellio to all, Pales call me Molie as i am like Scarlett pimpernel seek him here seek him there, but then thats life for you. I have just recently purchased a Jianshe 400cc Buggy, it is currently an off road buggy but my goal is to get it registered for on road / off road use. I have started with the tyres, it currently has Lights indicators etc etc. Sadly i have got to get some wheel arches made so if anyone know of any decent fabricators please feel free to share.
The main reason i have started to join is to find out some places to go other than byways, I thought it could also be of an advantage to me to meet more people with the similar interests aswell.
Any ways,

I will probably be floating around the forum having a good ole read up to see what is on offer, where and when if you know what i mean.

Hellio from Kent

Molie

Steves2580

Hi there, welcome to the forum ;D

Have you got all the registration documents for the buggy?
Ebay would be the best place to look for wheel arches, some of our builders have bought from there before!

Hope you find other places to drive/play ;D

Steve ;D

Molie

Hi Steve,

sadly i haven't got the letter of conformity or i would have an easy ride, The guy i purchased the buggy from has been trying to help me get the documents from the previous owner who imported the buggy. I am not going to rely on that, just incase that we arn't successful.

I have brand new road tyres on now, all the lights, indicators etc are all working fine and comply with EU law as they have the been stamped. I do need to get the buggy down to 390KG to get it through an heavy qaud test with VOSA as it currently weighs 420KG "Well according to the specs i have read on the internet"

My worst case scenario is to lose the passenger seat for the VOSA test then reaply later once it has passed. I dont really want to go through all that though if i dont have too. In the mean time i have been searching day and night trying to find pay and play sited in the kent area, but i dont think there is any around. Or i am searching google wrong 1 or the other.

Hopefully my luck will change and i will get the letter of conformity so that i dont have to go through the VOSA checks and just have a normal MOT. If you know if any body that could help assist with manufacturing me some wheel arch fenders out of fibreglass around the dartford area that would be great. Ive been googling that as well.

Steves2580

Hi,
Have a search for Quad Magazine, on the Internet.
I used to subscribe to the magazine until it went Internet based.
They used to have a map facility with places to go and play!

I hope you get the required docs for the buggy, it would make things a lot simpler!!

Steve.